• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Razor antenna

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
Anyone ever saw this antenna? Have heard some say it was a contest winner because of the design.Others say because he ran a ton of power. It looks intresting. I heard after about three directors on a quad it doesnt affect gain as much as more than three yagi directors so I guess it could be a very good idea. Looks very cool.

http://www.k3bu.us/razor_beams.htm

Quagi DX Antennas, there was a bit of argument about how well they worked but I remember reading some stuff about the antennas.
Never run a quagi myself so I can`t say how well they work.
Total of 7 elements on a 60 foot boom, Wish I had the real estate and tower to try.

Jeff

Quagi DX Antennas, there was a bit of argument about how well they worked but I remember reading some stuff about the antennas.
Never run a quagi myself so I can`t say how well they work.
Total of 7 elements on a 60 foot boom, Wish I had the real estate and tower to try.

Jeff

This is different than a quagi. A quagi is a yagi with a quad reflector.This has two quad driven elements with a quad and yagi reflector. Also one quad and two yagi directors. Peace!

This is different than a quagi. A quagi is a yagi with a quad reflector.This has two quad driven elements with a quad and yagi reflector. Also one quad and two yagi directors. Peace!

No snake oil here.

YAgi Antennas, (any yagi antenna) Works on frequency, wavelength, and spacing.

Either it is based on a 1/2 wl dipole radiator or a full wl loop.
the gain of any yagi is a trade off from F/B ratios. Trapped multi band antennas excluded.

The boom length, wider spacing gives the yagi it's forward gain.

The PDLII made by Avanti is the only yagi I know of that combines both Quad and regular 1/2 wl uda yagi construction together. It is an impressive antenna and works great.

No snake oil here.

YAgi Antennas, (any yagi antenna) Works on frequency, wavelength, and spacing.

Either it is based on a 1/2 wl dipole radiator or a full wl loop.
the gain of any yagi is a trade off from F/B ratios. Trapped multi band antennas excluded.

The boom length, wider spacing gives the yagi it's forward gain.

The PDLII made by Avanti is the only yagi I know of that combines both Quad and regular 1/2 wl uda yagi construction together. It is an impressive antenna and works great.

Yes im sure it works well just wondering if its better than a straight quad or yagi that size. It is impressive looking for sure.

Yes im sure it works well just wondering if its better than a straight quad or yagi that size. It is impressive looking for sure.

There has been a lot of debate over the yagi vs the quad, lower take off angle, more gain etc etc.

the quad may have less noise on receive due to the closed loop configuration.

All else is basically identical as far as comparisons in F/B and gain etc etc.

With the Quad it is easier to multi band it due to length of spreaders.

W8JI has a page on the quads, good reading.

Google Quad vs yagi and there are some well documented comparison's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.