• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RC Airplanes

StoneCrusher

Apr 3, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Hey guys,
I've been thinking about buying a remote control plane they have quite a selection on ebay....various prices sizes and models. I have no experiance with these and was wondering if anyone has any info or helpful tips on buying my first one.

if you want gas, get a .20 size to get started. electric is way easier, and there are many trainer kits.

flying requires learning. you will crash the first time. if you can join a club and hook up with a dedicated hobyist trainer, they will help immensly when starting out.

I started with a .20 size foam piper cub. I crashed it many times and just glued it. By the time I learned it had been pieced together so many times, was heavy and crooked, and could hardly fly. But I learned how to fly off a $40 plane and $10 of glue. After, I took the engine and 4-channel radio and got a higher performance balsa kit and went from there. I've had over 20 planes and still keep 7. Next in line might be a helocopter or three.

Hey Guys,
I was thinking of just going the cheap way first with one of the starter kits to learn the basics that way when my boy and I crash it ..... no big deal! We really are looking forward to getting one of the gas models later on. And thanks for the info guys I appreciate it and I'll let ya know what I pick up......like those helocopters they look interesting to fly!!!

Bought my first RC plane this weekend had it together.....flown.......and crashed in no time at all...... what a blast but not giving up! I'm picking up a few new parts at the local Hobby shop and gonna give it another try! :shock:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.