• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci 2950/trbx3 echo

Did you read the instructions? I'm putting one of these very same devices in a Galaxy 959 for a local operator. Just follow thru. What/where is the problem?

You might be able to hook it up so that it only works in AM; but why bother doing it that way? Just put it in there and make sure you do it right first. Don't think that mode selector switch has any options for other 'appliances' to be wired in anyway.

http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneo...gnum/trb_x3/graphics/trb_x3_install_sheet.pdf

Last edited:
Thx robb, thats a pretty straight forward answer/opinion to my question. You know how People just want what they want! No matter if its good/bad,
dumb or not! thanks

ExitThirteen may well know about this radio and your question in particular. He has worked on many of this model. But I'll bet dimes to donuts that mode switch is all used up and no usable pins are available. The echo unit has its own on/off switch already - BTW. It all just seems a bit redundant to me . . .

Last edited:
Thx for noticing I only want to use in AM, I thought I was being considerate of others AND making the use/adjustment easier and quicker for myself.
Yea, im familiar with the trbx3 i have a 29lxle and a s45hp that have them, the 29lx, no problem, always on (set in one position). The s45hp, AM its on and adjusted, but on SSB its turned off, making it to be readjusted when goin back to AM. That why so curious to connect power lead to AM selector.
Maybe exitthirteen will comment on this subject,

Not a problem to turn echo on/off, it is an issue of getting it set back when going from ssb to am. Still the question is unanswered.
Install a micro switch on the positive wire g oing to board said and done
You want an honest answer I will give it to you straight if you can handle it. Ok, here it is. Only a dip$hit would install an echo board in a fine radio like a 2950 or 2510. That's what a 2018 echo mic is made for. Sorry man just keeping it real.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.