• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950DX

I think that if Ranger wants to keep selling 10 meter radios which are easily converted to 11 meters - that they will have to have a chip inside of it that blocks out the 11 meters or else the FCC won't let them sell them in the USA.
Just a uneducated guess on my part.

Why are you so anally retentive about 10/11m radios, are you a salesman/pr rep for icom,kenwood or yaesu or something? i just can't fathom it.

at the end of the day, all radios can be modified for illegal frequencies, so f@ck, its users choice to do it or not and live with the consequences.

sure most 10/11m aren't the best quality radios in the world, but if it gets a new, novice or even old ham on air and chinwagging, where's the harm in it?

or can you only talk to people who have perfect elitest setups?
because quite frankly i don't give a fuck what radio someone is using,how bad their audio or signal is, if they are interesting to talk too thats good enough for me.and that my friend is what radio is all about.

Why are you so anally retentive about 10/11m radios, are you a salesman/pr rep for icom,kenwood or yaesu or something? i just can't fathom it.

at the end of the day, all radios can be modified for illegal frequencies, so f@ck, its users choice to do it or not and live with the consequences.

sure most 10/11m aren't the best quality radios in the world, but if it gets a new, novice or even old ham on air and chinwagging, where's the harm in it?

or can you only talk to people who have perfect elitest setups?
because quite frankly i don't give a fuck what radio someone is using,how bad their audio or signal is, if they are interesting to talk too thats good enough for me.and that my friend is what radio is all about.
Really!

Normally, I don't always agree with jazzsinger, but this time he is right on in his comments. Why the unnecessary elitist attitude?

Offshore manufacturers will never add any chips to their radios. Export radios are built to price. No manufacturer will add a useless chip that adds unnecessary costs to their radios.

These "10M" radios fill an obvious market need, whether for the freebander or the newly minted Tech class ham. A 10M radio allows new hams to get their feat wet on 10m, and is a stepping stone to a real amateur rig.

Illegal exports????????????

Sorry guys i'm new to ham radio and I heared someone say that it is illegal to use an export by definitions of part 97 fcc rules, could someone amplify on this for me???????????

Terry

KD8RMB

Sorry guys i'm new to ham radio and I heared someone say that it is illegal to use an export by definitions of part 97 fcc rules, could someone amplify on this for me???????????

Terry

KD8RMB

Legal to use on 10m and 12m with an Extra Ham license - or General Ham license.
Legal to use on 10m (28.300mHz - 28.500mHz Upper Side Band portion only) with a Technician Ham license.
Illegal to use on 11m/CB band.

If someone told you otherwise, they are yanking your chain or they just don't know any better . . .

Reactions: 1 person
Haha! I'd say probably most of the "commercial" sport fishing boats here do that, and a whole lot of the private fishing guys do, too. (Ocean fishing is my obsession, but no boat yet :( ). One reason they do this is because there are a few frequencies that are actually allocated to vhf marine that are not on most of the vhf marine radios. A lot of the fishermen hang out on these frequencies. The other reason is because they can get a little more power output.

Yep that's why I run my FT-2900r when on the water. Nothing like 75w when you need it. Also handy to listen to marine rescue on there DCS channels here in Australia

That's just like how the HR2510 gets a bad rap, but the truth is many people consider it to be on of the best bang for the buck 10m radios out there. Radios like the 2950/dx 2970DX/n2 and the President HR2510/2600/2830/Lincoln are often laughed at in the Ham community (according to a ham buddy of mine) But as long as you don't get greedy for power, crank up the ALC, etc they usually sound awesome

RCI-2950DX

This maybe to late to add. I have 2 2950DX radios that i ordered from Redman CB Stop on line. He did the 11 meters on both of mine and even gave me a adapter to use my 4 pin mic free of charge. A friend of mine order a 2950DX from copper and ask them to do the 11 meters and he said they would. When he got it they did not do it, so he had to take it and have it done. I think copper price was 248.00 and i paid Redman 269.00. After all was done my friend had more than 248.00 in his radio than what i had paid Redman for mine. This was the very first time that i had order anything from Redman CB Stop on line and i will always go with him if i need anything else. All i can say is he did me right.

New 2950DX

Just got my new 2950 from DBT. From advise on this site. Very pleased with his sevice.(y) 313 total, converted, tuned, and shipped.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.