• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970 frequency problem

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
my RCI amber face 2970 jumps around on frequency. i can have the radio on listing to it then all of a sudden it will act as if some one is truning the clarifier knob back and forth. also some times intermentently it will be as much as 10kc off when i turn it on but not always. i may turn it on it's perfectly on frequency then after a while it may just drop the RX and when it comes back it will be off freq 10kc. the radio is hooked str-8 to the battery. it maybe co-incidental but i notice this problem seems to have started after the face was removed and bulbs changed out.

could have some dirty contacts in the buttons on the face or mic,or might have a short in the wiring behind face....hard to tell on that one.....good old radios though.....

also there is a battery for the memory system,that battery might be getting weak as well

just found out yesterday now it also does the same thing while i'm transmiting it will just start going up and down on frequency like the clarifier is being turned back and forth. also the clarifier is locked and the problem i intermited

just found out yesterday now it also does the same thing while i'm transmiting it will just start going up and down on frequency like the clarifier is being turned back and forth. also the clarifier is locked and the problem i intermited

A friends 2950 did that, I fixed it by cleaning all the push buttons and installed a new 3v cell battery.
Problem solved. Good luck (y)
★☆ Sent from Xoom☆★

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.