• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2980 EPT360014B ISSUES

ira parker

Apr 18, 2015
Low Bias driver/finals 2166/2312 x2
No ALC vr#12
No low power adjustment vr#16
I'm trouble shooting these circuits I've came to tr#35, tr#39 (marked tr30 on board, just in front of transformer t1 one voltage labeled this a talk back tr, no talk back in the 2980?) and tr#48. I've been thru the dx88,dx11b,dx99v the only one that shows all 3 of these on the board view is the dx11b and of course there is no transistor voltage chart associated with it. Does anyone have the voltages for these transistors? I'm going to pull and test them but still need the voltages to check the circuit.
Thanks Ira

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yes the power on the front will adjust vr 13 sets the high side vr 16 sets the low side, it supposed to but it doesn't no variable what so ever. Thanks for the link but it's just like the ones I'm using no tr35,39 or 48.
UPDATE got it straightened out. Well almost had to use vr803 and vr13 to set high and low dead key. Found a few more ceramic caps bad one was on the bottom of the board some missing diodes as well and a few low resistors. All set at 30 watts pep am and ssb Thanks Mike SP5IT for your help greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ira

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.