• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2995 DX CF s-meter behaviour

Thank You for reply. I switched inside the power supply at the begin and I'm using a good coax double shield with an Grazioli 1/2 wave antenna. The audio volume is already high with few degrees of knob from 0 with that noise that cover the lowest signal received, the comparison with sdrplay receiver is worrying.

Ok will do. Thanks!
After listening to your short video, yours seems louder than mine with white noise but my set up is currently in a rural area of England in a very small village. Also remember that those RCI 2995 are known to be very sensitive on their receiver side. My other set up I’ve got in London with a President McKinley and a crappy antenna on the roof is picking up to 4/5 white noise on the meter!

Thank You for reply, I worried about too much noisy cause no good alignment...
Mine is drifting frequencies on SSB…I’m going to have to find someone to tune it properly…not easy to find in the U.K. !!

Hi! I'm so sorry... I'm buying an HP 8920 TEST Set to align my stuff... Yesterday evening I switched on my Ranger and.... silence... Oh merde! This morning I found a RF connector not properly soldered, with poor quality connector... I replace everything with better. Now it work again. I 'm very sad about the quality of assemblies, I didn't seem it for Ranger.

Reactions: TM86
Hi! I'm so sorry... I'm buying an HP 8920 TEST Set to align my stuff... Yesterday evening I switched on my Ranger and.... silence... Oh merde! This morning I found a RF connector not properly soldered, with poor quality connector... I replace everything with better. Now it work again. I 'm very sad about the quality of assemblies, I didn't seem it for Ranger.
Haha! Merde is the word. Very expensive radios but the problem is they are ’exported’ / modified to cover 11 meters band by griddy idiots who do a sloppy job and don’t bother to properly align the frequencies before shipping. They know when shipping them abroad that if anything goes wrong once received the customer will be screwed as he won’t have any ways to claim any sort of warranty or compensation. A shame really.
At least you are knowledgeable enough to do the job yoursel. I am unfortunately not. Hence I am fuxxed !…I’m very close to giving up on this hoppy which if I’m being honest has been nothing but cash bleeding for very little satisfaction in return.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.