• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX HP Off Frequency on LSB Transmit only

But make sure you use a plastic screwdriver or it will be tough with a metal one. If you use metal the frequency will change just by placing a metal one in there without turning it.

But make sure you use a plastic screwdriver or it will be tough with a metal one. If you use metal the frequency will change just by placing a metal one in there without turning it.
I will make sure to do that. Good thing you’ve told me. Thank you sir.

...and warm the radio circa 1 hour before adjusting.
Good point Mike, Ranger are Prone to be slightly misaligned when cold and then drift back to normal after 15/20 minutes. I will do just that. Thanks again for the tips. You guys are legendary.

make sure you use a plastic screwdriver or it will be tough with a metal one. If you use metal the frequency will change just by placing a metal one in there without turning it.
Also a metal screwdriver can crack the core of the can, and then you'll be needing to make a much more expensive repair ! Use a plastic screwdriver or don't do it !

Ranger are Prone to be slightly misaligned when cold and then drift back to normal after 15/20 minutes.
Which is yet another reason I will NEVER buy a Ranger radio. My Cobra and Kenwood radios are bang on frequency from the minute they turn on, and remain bang on for however long I use them at any temperature.

The one - gc9440- in this set is the one that fits the cans.

GC Electronics 18-530 CB Radio Alignment Tool Kit​

I guess the amazon link isn't allowed
Amazon product ASIN B000B61CSM
I like the ceramic tools, but you do have to be careful. I have a HOZAN D-272, but they are expensive.

The 1.3 x 30 I think works a little better than the Hoan 1.8.
Vessel no 9000 1.3 x 30 also kinda expensive.

Last edited:
I like the ceramic tools, but you do have to be careful. I have a HOZAN D-272, but they are expensive.

The 1.3 x 30 I think works a little better than the Hoan 1.8.
Vessel no 9000 1.3 x 30 also kinda expensive.
Smokinone, many thanks for the precisions, I will do my best to find the right tools according to the spec you’ve provided me here. Very useful info as I certainly don’t want to mess up my radio.

Just found the last set available in the U.K. on eBay! Cheers friend!

Last edited:
Hi Smokinone, I unfortunately can’t read your link. However I will use your ref number. Thank you!!
I found the kit but no Gc 9440 in there

Attachments

• IMG_9144.jpeg
    IMG_9144.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9145.jpeg
    IMG_9145.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
I found the kit but no Gc 9440 in there
That's strange. Looks like they have changed some of the tools. Here's a picture of the one I have that shows the tools included in my kit. I had bought a couple of the kits over time, and this is the last complete set I have. All the kits i bought had these same tools.

GC_18-530.jpg

EDIT: page 369 of the GC catalog shows the kit and it has the 9440

Attachments

• tools 2009 gc catalog_11.sept.08-86.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.