• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX

S

Simpleman159

Any thoughts on the 2995? How good are they on SSB? How good is the RX ?

</p>

These radios are one best SSB radios of its class. . I have ran one for a few years now. Never had a problem yet. RX is good.

I ran one for a couple of years........No complaints........Great audio, awesome swing.......Had a Silver Eagle wired in.........Talked all over with it..........The only downfall is the price........Way to expensive.........If you could get a good deal on one go for it..........If your going to buy new, I'd invest in a older HF rig............Just my 2cts...............73's

So what your saying is that all people selling HF rigs are selling them for one reason, What's the reason, there's something wrong with them?...........Haha...........Your funny :LOL: I agree on buying second hand radio's........You do have to watch what you buy.......But I disagree on your quote..........All I'm saying is that it's up to the person if they want to pay that much for 10m radio...........For example...._opper electronics probably has the cheapest prices on a new 2995DX.......Let's see, $564.99 + $59.95 for fan kit (Gotta have it) and $30.00 for a Super Tune, plus $30.00 to ship it. $684.94....... Once again, I had no regrets on my Ranger that I had, it was a good radio, but to much to pay for a doctored up 2970 with a power supply.......I did sell mine for a decent price and bought a Kenwood TS-930s for alot less money, Used might I add, with all the filters and working perfect. there's NO COMPARISON, It's like going from a Yugo to a pimped out caddi for a hell of alot cheaper.......Can YOU figure that out.....and Not all HF rigs are sold for one reason, and one reason only.....Once again, it's all up to the person on what his or her's want's of a radio should be. I still love my old 2950 mobile and like to run my bootlegged Uniden Chassis Radio's as well as my Kenwood......Just again my 2cts Florida Native..... Hope to talk to you sometime on the band, Good DXn'........73's

There's lots of reasons for selling used radios, and sometimes it's just because people want out of the hobby or someone acquires an estate from a silent key and has no use for the stuff, still others horse trade all the time like I used too...

But I agree... For the most part unless you can lay your hands on it and check it out good before hand, your better off to go new, than if something happens, off to the factory it goes for a free fix.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.