• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995DXCF

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
What's the story on this radio? What finals and driver does it have, I can't seem to find much detailed information about these. A local guy has one and it appears he smoked the power supply. He's all wound up about getting an upgraded replacement supply for it. He bought numerous items from this Jokerman electronics. He was running this radio with a Texas Star 667 (I know damn) with the radio turned all the way down. That's a whole different discussion there let me tell you, he is convinced this is just fine cause jokerman said so. Anyway just curious about this 2995 DXCF model.

Good grief...He's gonna blow that 667 to hell if he keeps doing that unless he turns of the amp inside the radio. Then he can run those two together with no issues.
I would think that it has the same finals and amp section and the old 2995DX does. I think all they really changed was the face to LED from LCD.

Was the old 2995 the old dual 2290 final or 8 mofets?
I was trying to find a schematic, but all I could find was the 2x2290 version.I know they did the mosfet version on the 2970DX and I thought they did the same thing with the 2995DX, but I can't find evidence of that.
That being said, at this point I'm not sure what they have done for the amp section on the new 2995DXCF radio. I thought I was...lol.

The MOSFETs don't last long.
I replaced the entire board as an assembly, but it woks for a while, then the whole radio shuts off, until I disconnect the wires from power supply to amp board.
The power supply is set to 13.8 volts and SWR is 1.1 : 1.

The MOSFETs don't last long.
I replaced the entire board as an assembly, but it woks for a while, then the whole radio shuts off, until I disconnect the wires from power supply to amp board.
The power supply is set to 13.8 volts and SWR is 1.1 : 1.

The MOSFETS will last longer.
The amplifier board needs to have the MOSFETS Gate "bias current" set properly.
They usually will not last long without the correct bias current. Too much Gate voltage caused by too high bias current will over volt these transistors.
And the radio driver and final also need to have the correct Gate "bias current", NOT Gate voltage.
Not good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.