• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 69 Base Plus

Maybe they're reading comments, maybe they're listening? They are capable of building something full of goodness but refuse to do it.

I'm a sucker for the old school look, shoot it's an attractive radio, nice to operate but even he said it's still a bit drifty.

Let's drop the qixiang board inside that carcass and then you're talking!!

Oh yeah! I'm with you there, Ed. I do like the look of old school radios and would love to have one of these. But, the one thing that always makes me shy away are the issues they seem to always have. I've heard the heart ache and pain that some have.

Yes! A Qixiang board in one of these would be awesome!

Reactions: Eldorado828
After doing a deep dive on this, they've apparently addressed the one issue I've had with these. The drifting. From everything I've watched, read and the people I've talked to, this appears to be a stable radio. Very nice! (y) (y):cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
The 69+ is different than the 69. Different board, and different mod. So the video won't work for this model. Still need the correct mod.

Okay, after not getting any response on this, except for the mod for the RCI-69, which is different, I decided to see if I could figure it our for myself. I did figure it out. Here is the conversion:

1. Remove covers, top and bottom.
2. Un solder Resistor on bottom PC board.
3. Move shorting resistor over to the two pins to it's right. (Looking at radio from front)
4. Move shorting resistor in front of board over 1 pin to the left (3 pin jumper).
5. Re-assemble radio, and do a full alignment.
6. Enjoy.

Photo shows jumpers in converted slots.

Attachments

• rci69plus.jpg
    rci69plus.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.