• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI echo mic can short itself out!!!

K

kc2elo

Just a word of warning. The mic clip on the back of these rci echo mic's can work themselves loose. It is a metal clip held in by a regular screw. If the clip becomes loose the screw can touch the small circuit board inside the mic, and short who knows what out.

Mine became loose and now I have no echo. Luckily the mic at least still works though.

A quick fix I've found. Take a dab of super glue and glue the screw in place. For extra protection, take a small piece of electrical tape and cover the screw so it is insulated in case it does become loose.

------------------------------------

sf596sig.gif

RCI 2950HP Palomar 400hd Wilson 1000

sf596sig2.gif

SS 3900 Texas Star Mod+ Cobra High Gear 6000
.</p>

kc2elo,

That is a problem their supposed to be correcting,best mike i've owned but can not seem to keep them.Had one stolen out of the truck and the replacements both keyed wide open from the start.They were warrantied but U.S,P.S, lost them in route,so I'm on #4 but they are worth the aggravation,LOUD,LOUD and so easy to use.

Thanks for the info,I'll try your fix and hopefully nobody borrows it.

snoope

http://www.chargerscastle.com/users/snoopesig.gif</p>

Try using clear nail polish,it will be better in the long run it can be removed easier than super glue.

</p>

Hot Glue works Perfect, blocks it from shoting things out and holds the screw in place.

crzy%20flipper.jpg

Modulation Base Station</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.