• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCi???

oOh and the 706 MKIIG covers the
11 meter (as well as rest of HF bands)
6 meter
2 meter
70 cm

all mode one radio

i think it was to expensive for what it was. it was just a 6m radio. for just over a $100 more you got a nive yeasu quad bander (10M/6M/2M/440) that didnt require an additional tone board for accessing repeaters. hell after the board there nearly the same price.

The RCI 5054 DX 6 meter radio was different from the Yaesu quad bander because it was an all mode radio, capable of FM, AM, SSB & CW. The Yaesu 8900 was just FM mode which is good for simplex and repeater work, but when 6 meters is open and active, most of the action is on SSB.

I had a 5054 DX and thought it was a good radio for the price ($250 new) and wish RCI still offered the 25 watt version. I know many Techs who are interested in getting on 6 meters with all mode capability, but would have to spend nearly $500 or more on a used HF/6m rig.

Carl is right about adding the external tone board. It added about $50 to the price of the radio, making it a $300 radio, but I have not seen many other all mode radios that a newly licensed ham can get for less than $500-600.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.