• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI69 base. Has RCI finally jumped the shark?

Well I have my 69vhp up and running, No more oscilation issue on ssb. I think a mismatch in the factory rt1s is what caused the issue.

I really like the performance and features of this board when all the parts
are working properly and instead of complaining I am going to thank Ranger for continuing to make this type of radio with channel selectors, plls and through hole componets.

Well I would like to report the 69vhp Is holding up great and also we got a Rci 69 base in on thursday and I have been putting it to the test before it goes to it's new home.
20230702_130504.jpg
This 69 base has been trouble free. No issues with the rt1 final section. These rt1s are strong and these radios run cooler than you would think because of the factory rwob, no maxmod needed to protect finals from battery voltage. Unfortunatly the power supply only turns up to 13.4 and does have an internal fan that will come on during idle.
Stability is very good , both variations of this radio perform good on ssb and the factory frequency alignments were spot on.
I think both the 69 base and 69vhp are good choices for operators with a local tech that can service after the sale.

Attachments

• 20230702_130504.jpg
    20230702_130504.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 7

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?