• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci69ffb4 echo issues.!!

Let me know if you find anything out, a guy at work has one.
I have two of the of the TRB x-3's that work fine on the bench but when I put them in a truck I get the same hum.
I noticed that if I grab the coax or run a jumper from the mount to ground it helps but it's still there.
Tried a couple of different trucks, have good swr and can run the radio with the mic gain wide open, but with the echo on I have to drop the mic gain to 1/2.
Tried different mic, etc.

If you're getting a hum in the car/truck it is probably RF getting back into the radio. Try grounding the radio better, moving the antenna, moving the radio or all of the above.

I also echo (pun intended) the statement above and don't use echo, there is no logical reason for it.

I also echo (pun intended) the statement above and don't use echo, there is no logical reason for it.
Someone should let Julius know ........

343396.jpg

Who's to say it's wrong? 99 times out of 100 delay/echo is used improperly, I'll grant you, but that doesn't make it useless it just makes it misused.

Reactions: 2 people
Built in echo boards are not only a waste of money, it's a waste of money that noticeably deteriorates the radios audio quality whether you use the echo or not. These boards are of such low quality they can't even pass the narrow bandwidth of a stock radio at 300 to 3000 cycles. They must include additional filters on the board to further reduce the bandwidth to a point the echo board can process without extreme distortion.

To add insult to injury, these boards NEVER have a bypass switch to remove them from the audio line. This feature was intentionally left out so the average user would never know what a piece of junk these boards really are. When the echo is turned off, only the time base is disabled to remove the echo. All of the crappy audio filters are left inline to insure this feature offers a lose lose situation and keeps the user unaware.

PS: The hum is from the poor quality time base oscillator that was not properly filtered out of the audio line. Don't be fooled into thinking your echo really switches completely out of line because the hum stopped when it's off. Just the time base turned off and the audio remains restricted.

You have to locate the two audio wires on the echo board. One is the feed to the board and the other is the output from the board. Remove them from the echo board and solder them together. People familiar with how you sound will notice the improvement. If in doubt, take it to a tech.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok fixed the problem i took the mic cord wrapped it around my hand and keyed up all problems went away...i turned my mic gain all the way and bang i have people tell me that it sounds awesome... the fix is this 01 pf 50v ceramic disc capacitor. That needs to be installed in the mic..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.