• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real CB Radios are side mic

For that mythical driver using aTUG on a boom:

23EEF397-F483-49A0-B45D-0CFCDB76C82D.jpeg

83AC7332-6A60-4F1E-A4F0-E7BAD149A396.jpeg
First he’ll need a RoadRanger

BF9FBF7C-0173-4A38-89F4-4417560443CB.jpeg
Sufficient gearing to move a wide-base, lard-ass, oversized load every time he’s the driver

7D5AEEEF-770B-4E79-963F-3C9BB2C4A1F2.jpeg
Gonna have to get an Eaton-Fuller Cruise Control Remote Kit to go underneath

6E4C01A8-B713-404D-ABC1-DCF30034825F.jpeg

An EasyJake switch to engage pre-set compression brake on dash, and engage from the shifters starboard side.

and 3D print a second switch to fit underneath for PTT

Fat boys lean right. Slouch down and over. Ruin the RH side of the seat after ruining the truck door hinges.

Six (6) double-position switches with twelve (12) possibilities; on the shifter. But, I’d guess the audio would be good between gasps.

Side Mic Mobile: Radio of The Big Road ain’t a natural for base mics.

Sooner or later you might be the anointed one out on the running board and keeping traffic separated.

So we crashed the gate doing 98, I says let them truckers roll, 10-4”

CF3DCC38-6D98-4708-9115-C5AA08D07E5A.jpeg

Side Mic: For when it matters.

Last edited:
For that mythical driver using aTUG on a boom:

View attachment 46938

View attachment 46933
First he’ll need a RoadRanger

View attachment 46934
Sufficient gearing to move a wide-base, lard-ass, oversized load every time he’s the driver

View attachment 46935
Gonna have to get an Eaton-Fuller Cruise Control Remote Kit to go underneath

View attachment 46936

An EasyJake switch to engage pre-set compression brake on dash, and engage from the shifters starboard side.

and 3D print a second switch to fit underneath for PTT

Fat boys lean right. Slouch down and over. Ruin the RH side of the seat after ruining the truck door hinges.

Six (6) double-position switches with twelve (12) possibilities; on the shifter. But, I’d guess the audio would be good between gasps.

Side Mic Mobile: Radio of The Big Road ain’t a natural for base mics.

Sooner or later you might be the anointed one out on the running board and keeping traffic separated.

So we crashed the gate doing 98, I says let them truckers roll, 10-4”

View attachment 46939

Side Mic: For when it matters.

Hey I had one of those 18's with the grey overdrive from 2011 until 2020 , now it's the red overdrive 13 speed....... I'm afraid the next one might be Auto or worse than that electric....

Kind of the same direction we're slowly moving away from the side mic radios or @NightThumper lollipop astatic.

The good o'l side mic days are passing away fellas

“The good o'l side mic days are passing away fellas”

Until a man takes unto himself a Galaxy DX-959 as side mic, he consorts with circuitry not integrated into the whole. (Uniden and Cobra faded away, left the field).

The sum must be greater than the parts.

(Some magic must be evident).

Side Mic: The radio a man needs if from far away he would hear the angels sing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Outlaw
Side mic, sidetrack: I wonder how many of our youth would recognize these few notes in a “Name That Tune” game. It’s a very distinctive hook, but IMO these few notes always seemed wrong for this song.

Attachments

• Only The Strong Survive notes.mp3
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
Unless a man gets himself a Galaxy DX-959 he could fail himself and his brethren when circuitry is not integrated into a well-conceived whole. Uniden and Cobra faded away, left the field.

The sum must be greater than the parts.

(Some magic must be evident).
Side Mic: The radio a man needs in the event he may need to hear the angels sing from far away.

You are 100% right Slowmover! Looks like, right now, the 959 has no competition it is IT.
UNIDEN and COBRA faded away in so many ways:
Faded away from QUALITY
Faded away from SIDE-MIC
Faded away from SSB
What's left???

Reactions: Slowmover
You are 100% right Slowmover! Looks like, right now, the 959 has no competition it is IT.
UNIDEN and COBRA faded away in so many ways:
Faded away from QUALITY
Faded away from SIDE-MIC
Faded away from SSB
What's left???

Put the HAM RADIO, JR. against it:

PRESIDENT LINCOLN II.

The boops and beeps of robots singing endless work-assignment confirmations back to the asteroid belt mining stations. (Syncopated noises in three chords).

Those who took The Jab need maybe a booster or two that the graphene oxide assembles itself as circuitry under 5G radiation in order to join that chorale.

Sing the (new) song of my (new) people.

(“Gate Seventeen now boarding for Ganymede”).

A radio in a class of its own. Really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Outlaw
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
That uniden grant is one I wish I would have grabbed when they were available, been on the prowl for a couple years but nada yet.

But....... still ain't no side mic!
Here 828 this is the GRANT LT I was talking about. I emailed the guy and he sent me some pictures. The LT is a front-mic and he said it was aligned and tuned plus a ton of channels!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated