• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real CB Radios are side mic

DX-959b

— adjust tone controls to back down total volume.

1). Engage TONE in HI
2). Move ANL from Off to ANL

Depending on conditions this can be enough to:

3). Reduce Volume at Radio,
4). Then DSP Filter to minimal.

— Resulting in a low-hiss background all of its own emphasizing a different set of vocal tones more easily understood.

Side Mic: Thy name is Galaxy.

They can run, but there’s nowhere to hide.

Tonal Controls, Noise Filters and a big Meter means gauging signal strength relative to clean RX can uncover attempted deceit as audio “edges” (tells) are crisped smartly.

It’s not an amp, it’s the tune I put on it”.

The difference becomes apparent.

What of suspecting false information? Cleanest audio reveals vocal details about words. Backs up ones gut instinct. Where the radio gets itself out of the way.

Side Mic: Lie Detector par excellence

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Outlaw
Youre all insane 2950 fanboy "RCI till I Die"
Front mike baby!!!
Might feel differently but dont have anything in the mobile and when I do its a blue faced Magnum 257.
Yeah, maybe we are, but I don't think there is a cure for the side mic disease, that I'm aware of :rolleyes:. On the other hand we might choose to remain deasesed.

Reactions: lonestarbandit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated