• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC-458 parts needed.

dxing.bruce

Apr 15, 2012
Hey: Gang.

I'm in search of a complete ribbon cable with channel selector switch / led channel display for a Realistic TRC-458 base station. I was having issues with the channel selector being worn & not staying on channel. I tried to use contact cleaner & get it inside the switch but the switch is too far gone. I then tried to replace the channel selector switch with one from a scrap TRC-457 as it's the same switch but when I unsoldered the old switch & soldered the new one in I damaged the thin flex board it solders too, thus I'm hoping to fine a complete one that still works.

Let me know please & I'm happy to pay for the parts & shipping to Toronto, Canada.

Thannks.

Hey: Gang.

I'm in search of a complete ribbon cable with channel selector switch / led channel display for a Realistic TRC-458 base station. I was having issues with the channel selector being worn & not staying on channel. I tried to use contact cleaner & get it inside the switch but the switch is too far gone. I then tried to replace the channel selector switch with one from a scrap TRC-457 as it's the same switch but when I unsoldered the old switch & soldered the new one in I damaged the thin flex board it solders too, thus I'm hoping to fine a complete one that still works.

Let me know please & I'm happy to pay for the parts & shipping to Toronto, Canada.

Thannks.
Update & good news guys. It turns out I had a few bad solder joints & had to scrape off this thin plastic coating that is on the ribbon cable for the channel selector. After exposing more copper trace I got solder contact & the radio lives. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.