• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Really annoying roger beeps

I don’t mind the roger beep as much as the way many of them are way louder than the persons voice. Some of them you can hear way after the voice is gone. What’s annoying is not being able to hear comments because I have to turn the volume down to be able to get the roger beep to an acceptable level.
I know exactly what you mean, I have measured stock Roger beeps right out of the box that are in excess of 200% modulation.

i miss my TINGGGGGGG i had in 1 radio.great for 2 am driving n everbody sleepy. id get lots of DAMMIT DRIVER made me jump off my stool

I don’t mind the roger beep as much as the way many of them are way louder than the persons voice. Some of them you can hear way after the voice is gone. What’s annoying is not being able to hear comments because I have to turn the volume down to be able to get the roger beep to an acceptable level.[/

I have either potentiometers or resistors on mine so that they are subtle enough to hear but not kill someone with headphones. And I don’t use them all the time.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.