• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Receive audio quality issue..

67Malibu

Apr 23, 2010
I have two Washington and 1 Lafayette SSB-100 CB base stations exhibiting the same problem....receive audio sounds restricted, almost like the speaker is old and dried up. Transmit audio is unaffected. Symptom persists even when using known quality external speakers. Re-alignment had no affect on this condition. Suspect component failure, but I am unsure where to focus troubleshooting efforts. Any help greatly appreciated.

I have two Washington and 1 Lafayette SSB-100 CB base stations exhibiting the same problem....receive audio sounds restricted, almost like the speaker is old and dried up. Transmit audio is unaffected. Symptom persists even when using known quality external speakers. Re-alignment had no affect on this condition. Suspect component failure, but I am unsure where to focus troubleshooting efforts. Any help greatly appreciated.
Using the all original capacitors in the units tested?
Electrolytics can dry up over time and exhibit high ESR, this can cause issues.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.