• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

recieve mod

mag69

Oct 2, 2005
MI
I found a recieve mod for the DX949 and 959 on ebay and was wondering if it works like the ad says or is it just B.S.......and if it does work does anyone have the plan on this mod and what parts are needed?
Because it sound like a pretty neat mod......I would like to try it on my 959 and 2547 if it works.
mag69

Super Recieve mod kit

It is probably the mod described on Radiomods.co.nz, that has you replace some factory diodes with Schottky diodes.
These diodes are supposed to give you quieter receive (generate less electronic noise in the receive circuit).

There are similar mods for the Yaesu FT-847 amateur radio.

Go to www.radiomods.co.nz/ and scroll down to the 959/949 mods, and check out the different mods listed.

it is the same mod, also check on cb tricks. iv'e done it to numerous radios, including my 2510, it works pretty good in most radios and it really improves the noise blanker on some. on my 2510 backround hiss is so low i can leave the squelch off. look at some schematics and buy the parts save yourself a little ching

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.