• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

ever time i go round the dial 16 is A dead quiet or B full of splatter boxes off frequincy screaming n saying bad modulated waving the hand {needs a puppy or kitten} and saying bye bye bye {sounds like talkin to a baby} is why it never happen

Reactions: NZ8N
Continued from post #11:

SSB contacts from all over the country on CH16 LSB were easy and all over. Maybe SSB had fewer stations then. But a lot of fun. A Johnson Messenger 350 and a Palamor 150 amp was such a joy operate on Dads Boat, during slow work times.

I keep an ear out on CH16 LSB and a call once and a while. CB38 LSB is yeah heavy with the big signals. So I sometimes listen in on the CH40,39,37, and 36. Talked to a guy in West Virigina running a stock radio and antenna in his truck. He later had a QSO with another mobile and said all you need is a good antenna and mobile radio. They had to be stock with S-Meter readings of S3 to the noise level. Again a lot of fun.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert

Reactions: Lino Bob and Rwb
Tropical storm week-end here in the Keys. Tropical weather always makes for some interesting propagation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some success on LSB 16.

Reactions: Rwb
Continued from post #11:

SSB contacts from all over the country on CH16 LSB were easy and all over. Maybe SSB had fewer stations then. But a lot of fun. A Johnson Messenger 350 and a Palamor 150 amp was such a joy operate on Dads Boat, during slow work times.

I keep an ear out on CH16 LSB and a call once and a while. CB38 LSB is yeah heavy with the big signals. So I sometimes listen in on the CH40,39,37, and 36. Talked to a guy in West Virigina running a stock radio and antenna in his truck. He later had a QSO with another mobile and said all you need is a good antenna and mobile radio. They had to be stock with S-Meter readings of S3 to the noise level. Again a lot of fun.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert
lotta water under the bridge since 1970.used to be the IN THING to chat on lsb 16

Well, I just realized that I botched the date on my LSB 16 effort by listing Saturday as June 5th when it is actually June 4th. That said, I just spent from noon until about 12:20 eastern time on LSB 16 trying to get a response. No luck. There was some AM traffic, but not a soul responded on LSB. I'll try again at 3:00P.M. eastern and see if we can get this movement off the ground. Until then, I'll just keep the radio on as I take care of other things.

I just tried again from about 2:45P.M. to 3:30P.M.

There were several stations on A.M. One guy in Delaware was coming in pretty well. A station in Virginia wasn't far behind. However, there was zero response on LSB 16. I'll try again at 6:00P.M. eastern.

there is a few who gather there on sunday evenings using pre 1978/23 channel radios ,,,,
At what time do they start? And where are they based?

I tried multiple times this past week-end to make a contact on LSB 16. No luck. I'll just keep trying and hoping to make contact with a local crowd somewhere that has kept LSB 16 going.

At what time do they start? And where are they based?

I tried multiple times this past week-end to make a contact on LSB 16. No luck. I'll just keep trying and hoping to make contact with a local crowd somewhere that has kept LSB 16 going.
starting about an hour before dark,,, here in fl,, in the pacific west coast they start with a roll call at 6pm pst,,,

Reactions: Rwb and Rick330man
I'm going to leave the radio on LSB 16 for a good portion of Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon as I take care of things. The hope is to get some favorable propagation and make a few contacts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated