• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

been on 16 lsb lots nary a soul cept our southern neighbors last few weeks

Should there be an ending time besides when conditions disappear??

We are not bound to any particular schedule. Also, I can definitely see how noon eastern/9:00A.M. pacific might be a bummer for our fellow operators out on the west coast and even Hawaii. The goal has always been to deliberately set up the highest concentration of operators with this semi-fixed schedule that still gives folks the flexibility to give DX a try at the time that suits them best.

Do folks want to push the start time back an hour or two? Would that be better for you folks out west? Do we want to set up an informal "last call" time?

This has always been driven by the idea of giving the greatest amount of operators the broadest range of opportunities to make contacts. Please feel free to chime in with any suggestions or comments.

Last edited:
We are not bound to any particular schedule. Also, I can definitely see how noon eastern/9:00A.M. pacific might be a bummer for our fellow operators out on the west coast and even Hawaii. The goal has always been to deliberately set up the highest concentration of operators with this semi-fixed schedule that still gives folks the flexibility to give DX a try at the time that suits them best.

Do folks want to push the start time back an hour or two? Would that be better for you folks out west? Do we want to set up an informal "last call" time?

This has always been driven by the idea of giving the greatest amount of operators the broadest range of opportunities to make contacts. Please feel free to chime in with any suggestions or comments.
On the weekends, If I'm on the radio I'm normally on by 9 o'clock CST, and will start calling out and then moving back and forth between 16 and the upper channels. I'm also not on constantly. I'm usually roaming the house, working on one thing or another. As for an ending time, I'd say talk until you're talked out or until conditions crash. Dark thirty is when I normally turn it off, especially if I've been on for a good while. Totty time.. :cool:

We might also consider that we are just a few days away from Daylight Savings Time and the longer days that come with it. That will give us a few extra hours of daylight. We'll be able to test that as soon as on this upcoming Sunday.

Nothing is etched in stone. I'm all for making any changes that make our "Reclaim LSB 16" (aka: "Make 16 LSB Great Again") effort better for everyone.

Anyone familiar with 561? I could barely hear him over the noise floor at around 4:00P.M. We made contact, but bleed-over was covering him up.
Hey brother, thanks for getting back to me, that was my only WDX contact this weekend. Heard several other members and 16LSB was alive! I did a three day camping trip on the middle fork of the Black River in Black, Missouri. I was on a gravel bar surrounded by hills and didn't figure I'd be able to get out.

I'm still running my McKinley barefoot and will for quite some time. Too windy for my wire antenna up so I threw the telescopic on the roof and made contacts with you (barely), Washington, Maine, and Idaho. I mostly rode my ATV and arrowhead hunted though since it was like 70 degrees out lol. Great weekend!

Peace

blackriver.jpg

Hey brother, thanks for getting back to me, that was my only WDX contact this weekend. Heard several other members and 16LSB was alive! I did a three day camping trip on the middle fork of the Black River in Black, Missouri. I was on a gravel bar surrounded by hills and didn't figure I'd be able to get out.

I'm still running my McKinley barefoot and will for quite some time. Too windy for my wire antenna up so I threw the telescopic on the roof and made contacts with you (barely), Washington, Maine, and Idaho. I mostly rode my ATV and arrowhead hunted though since it was like 70 degrees out lol. Great weekend!

Peace
One barefoot station to another halfway across the country...I'll take it!

We're off to a good start today, March 11th. I've made contacts with WDX 561, 36 out of Ohio, WDX 163, WDX 312, 222 out of New York CIty and was hearing WDX 945 calling out. The biggest issue I'm having today is QRO and QRM with bleedover from AM 15 and electrical noise from a dirty battery charger next door, but there is definitely skip out there to be had today.

Conditions are impossible for me today. It seems I'm getting mostly Canada and Colorado today. Even heard 757 blasting in. Made a good, short contact with 404. didn't last long, though as the AM bleed from 15 came roaring in. Will try again in a couple of hours.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.