• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I was calling CQ-DX for about 20 minutes. Not only did I not get a single response, I did not hear a single other station out there on LSB 16.

Just to be sure, I scanned the band a few times. There was a little bit of activity coming through on LSB 38. AM 28 had some stations talking skip. AM 6 was busy. But my trusty, reliable Starduster clone wasn't picking up anything on LSB 16.

I will try again at 2:00P.M. eastern in the hope that the skip gods will finally shine on us.

Last edited:
Just got home from lunch a little bit ago, took a short nap and just went on the air and gave a shout out on 16 LSB a couple times, absolutely quiet and haven't heard any WDX members on there yet, maybe conditions will improve later this afternoon................
Well I don't know about the rest of you guys, but 16 LSB was a total bust for me up here in Central Pennsylvania today, absolutely quiet the whole time I had it on and calling CQ on the air,no response at all, hopefully the next time we will have better DX conditions.......

Reactions: Keto
I called at 10, 11 and 1 and 2 Pacific time.......no response. Hearing lots of spanish in AM mode just like yesterday, also a few english speaking truckers also in AM mode. Tons of contacts on 38 today, so conditions must just be very sporadic.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Nothing happening in central MS today. I checked 16 LSB multiply times but not a peep. I heard one station on 38 LSB out of Brazil (South America) for just a few second and then he was gone. Here's hoping that the DX picks up soon. The last couple of weekends have been pretty much nothing but crickets for me. I hope everyone has a great Memorial day.

I did not hear a single LSB 16 station all afternoon. That Mexican dispatcher on AM 16 came and went, but that was about it. AM 6 generated some noise, as did AM 28. LSB 35-40 was surprisingly dead.

I'm going to be on a marine mobile tomorrow afternoon. Hoping a little reflection off of the water will aide the cause. It has worked wonders in the past. Only one way to find out!

I been doing some reading on here about the WDX thing, and I see there is already a 2112 in MO. I downloade the exel spreadsheet and see that 456 is available. I will stop using the 2112 and if 456 is still available i would like to sign up as Del, N.E. AR, WDX-456.

Not sure where this post should go but hoping someone will help me "find my way" here.

Skip on LSB 16 has been non-existent. LSB 35-40 hasn't been much better. I haven't heard it this quiet in years. The good side of that coin is that I am getting phenomenal local range on AM, FM and SSB.

It obviously isn't going to work all of the time, but it has worked well often enough that I'd still like to keep the reclaim LSB 16 effort alive.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1