• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Our use of LSB 16 is becoming a nice way to take advantage of skip conditions without having to deal with the mess on LSB 38. It is also giving folks with old 23 channel rigs a chance to get back into the game. The fact that folks are making contacts there at other times just helps bring more life back to LSB 16. I really think we've got some momentum.

Our LSB net starts tomorrow at noon. We'll do it again Sunday. Taking the IMAX down today for maintenance and trying to figure out what I'm going to go with for the net.

Last edited:
Our use of LSB 16 is becoming a nice way to take advantage of skip conditions without having to deal with the mess on LSB 38. It is also giving folks with old 23 channel rigs a chance to get back into the game. The fact that folks are making contacts there at other times just helps bring more life back to LSB 16. I really think we've got some momentum.

Our LSB net starts tomorrow at noon. We'll do it again Sunday. Taking the IMAX down today for maintenance and trying to figure out what I'm going to go with for the net.
Won't be able tomorrow since I gotta work,but looking forward to checking in and talking to my Radio Friends on Sunday, hope you all had a Wonderful Thanksgiving with your Family's!!

73's

I had hoped to get my Gain-Master up about 40', but my son is very busy at work.

He was going to move my, out of tune, 10-foot high A99 away from the edge of the house...and put my GM on my old antenna mount...out back and well into the clear and high-up.

73's and God Bless all,

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa WWDX-39zero - on my radio

Last edited:
Ah, the Gain Master. I've been wanting to replace my A99 with one as well. It's too bad I don't live closer to you. I'd round up some extra muscle and help you get that done.

Will you be on 16 tomorrow?

73's Sir
Thanks for the kind offer, Brother DXer.

Brother, yes and the good Lord willing...I'll be on the air on 16 lsb trying to get a break.

73's and Good Bless you all,

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa WWDX 39zero

I'm listening now and there is definitely some skip rolling in. There is a dispatcher speaking in Spanish on AM 16. From the accent, it sounds like she is Mexican. I can also hear a second AM station speaking Spanish. I did hear one station make a DX call, but I was too far from the radio to respond in time.

Hopefully the propagation holds. We'll start testing it in about an hour.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?