• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just a heads up that on Thanksgiving Morning I'm planning on Firing up the Ranger and try to give a Thanksgiving day shout out on 16 LSB from about 630-845am( I usually I'm up around 430-5am drinking Coffee,etc) at least that's the plan , so anyone who would like to give a Thanksgiving day shout out, feel free!!!!

73's
My wife would kill me if I started shooting skip at that hour! I may have to try it.

Just a heads up that on Thanksgiving Morning I'm planning on Firing up the Ranger and try to give a Thanksgiving day shout out on 16 LSB from about 630-845am( I usually I'm up around 430-5am drinking Coffee,etc) at least that's the plan , so anyone who would like to give a Thanksgiving day shout out, feel free!!!!

73's
Hopefully space weather will cooperate with us!

It was worth a try..
So this morning I tell my wife that I'm going to get up around 5:00 am Thursday morning and get on the radio.
She slowly turns her head towards me until our eyes lock, slightly lowers her head, never taking her eyes off me, and for the next 15 seconds, total silence.
Ok.. enough said. I believe I'll just wait until 8:00.
I can only imagine what she was thinking... Hahahaha.

:ROFLMAO::LOL: you fellas crack me up.

I just won't say anything and will sneak out there when the coast is clear. My station is right off the side of the garage so I'll just keep having to go grab something.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness.

Reactions: Brother DXer
You Sir, are lucky!!
My radio room is in an extra bedroom which happens to be right next to our bedroom. There would be no asking forgiveness. She would walk in and start pulling cords out of the electrical outlets. Then go back to bed. :)

• Haha
Reactions: AmericanEagle575
It was worth a try..
So this morning I tell my wife that I'm going to get up around 5:00 am Thursday morning and get on the radio.
She slowly turns her head towards me until our eyes lock, slightly lowers her head, never taking her eyes off me, and for the next 15 seconds, total silence.
Ok.. enough said. I believe I'll just wait until 8:00.
I can only imagine what she was thinking... Hahahaha.
Just leave the bedroom t.v. on the Hallmark channel, or maybe Lifetime, as you quietly work your way to your radio. If she wakes up, you remind her that the t.v. left on woke you up...and you certainly weren't the one watching THAT stuff.

73's
What time zone? Pretty important for those in the west...we're a little behind:)

Well my Radio Friends, looking forward to making some contacts with WDX members on Thanksgiving Morning from 630-845am Eastern Time on channel 16 LSB, hopefully the Condition's will be cooperative to allow some good DX, afterwards Dad and I are traveling to see extended Family for Thanksgiving for the day!!!!

73's

i gave up on 16 lsb .sat listening n calling out too much,flipped up to 38=39 lsb n made contacs

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.