• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Conditions here are still good but it's all Mexico and South America now. Only hearing a few English conversations on 16 and they're all in AM.

It appears that today is a 16LSB success!!!
I would say so ! I ended up with four WDX contacts on 16, and one other station in Ohio who's call I couldn't copy, but not a WDX member.
It was definately better in the morning our time, by 1pm pacific time the skip had gone long and it was mostly deep South America after that.
To those of you I spoke to thank you for playing ! It was fun.
Look forward to doing this again sometime soon.

Came in the mail today. It was a freebie radio thrown in with the one I won off eBay which was a General Electric 3-5804D. I will have to wire up a mic for it using a stereo mono plug lol. I got a couple spare mics I can use for it. I will recap the radio as well since I plan on keeping it. I only have about 3 23 channel SSB radios.

Yes, I will clean up the radio lol. I just wanted to see if it would power up. So far it receives well. freebie pace 1023 2023.jpg

I have a few friends over at NASA. Whenever we're going to get together, we do the "T minus...and counting" routine. So, for our "Reclaim LSB 16 Turkey Day Week-end" skip contest, it looks like we're T-minus 38 hours, 10 minutes and counting. Or we can just do like normal people would and just say be there at noon eastern on Saturday.

73s until then.

WDX-1863 boomed into St Clair, Missouri this morning on 40LSB for about 5 minutes. Tried getting back a few times but the little McKinley didn't have enough throttle. I'll be trying again tomorrow and this weekend. Did talk to some good locals this evening on 16AM so that was cool. Happy Thanksghiving!

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
WDX-1863 boomed into St Clair, Missouri this morning on 40LSB for about 5 minutes. Tried getting back a few times but the little McKinley didn't have enough throttle. I'll be trying again tomorrow and this weekend. Did talk to some good locals this evening on 16AM so that was cool. Happy Thanksghiving!
Glad to hear that I made the trip, Sorry that we weren't able to make contact as I had a little bit of qrm on my side,hope you and your Family had a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving together!!

73's

Reactions: rixdafix

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.