• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

recommendation on non amplified

how difficult is it to convert tug8 to non amplified all the one on ebay are amplified
Look for the Astatic UG8 base which is non amplified. The "T" stands for transistorized so any T-UG stands would have to be converted.

Attachments

• 16004726803794334258546061949689.jpg
    16004726803794334258546061949689.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 3
Best vintage microphone I found to work on the Cobra 2000 was a Astatic 1104 C. Of course a direct injected, with outboard audio processing equipment ($$$) will get you over the top.

4dabb35f4625b12f8a09829a6a25

Best vintage microphone I found to work on the Cobra 2000 was a Astatic 1104 C. Of course a direct injected, with outboard audio processing equipment ($$$) will get you over the top.

4dabb35f4625b12f8a09829a6a25
I spent $180 for the urq6w unit with express shipping to my door in 7 days from the Ukraine. Not expensive by any stretch and judging by the reports i get local and dx, am and ssb i got my $$$ worth.

nothing coming up on ug8 everything says T-UG8 but again how hard would it be to make it non amplified

Reactions: Tokin
For low z non amped mic: Sure 444D - strong bottom end high output; Heil HC-5 - tonally very precise low output.

sure just to have it for back up
Rarely are the d104 elements in good shape. They used a salt crystal which is sensitive to shock such as tipping over or being dropped and they don't like humidity.
The high impedance element makes you sound tinny on todays radios even with the ur6qw eq because of the impedance mismatch. Thats why i started experimenting with low z dynamic elements that would fit in the d104 head. Luckily the first one i tried fit and i had already used that particular mic with good reports.
Astatic made low impedance heads like the DN-50 and a few others that come up for sale on ebay.
Drop your shipping info in a pm and ill send you a few inserts.

PM sent

Rarely are the d104 elements in good shape. They used a salt crystal which is sensitive to shock such as tipping over or being dropped and they don't like humidity.
The high impedance element makes you sound tinny on todays radios even with the ur6qw eq because of the impedance mismatch. Thats why i started experimenting with low z dynamic elements that would fit in the d104 head. Luckily the first one i tried fit and i had already used that particular mic with good reports.
Astatic made low impedance heads like the DN-50 and a few others that come up for sale on ebay.
Drop your shipping info in a pm and ill send you a few inserts.

Reactions: Tokin
Tokin I receive the UG8 today had no element at all in it took the cobra coffin mike element and the 2 pieces you send me got here today too perfect timing it's altogether
but i had low receive so I check the wires under the plate the red wire and the shield wire was swap I put them back the right way now it's working as it should thank once again for the eBay tip and the foam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated