• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rednecks..whats up ?

It's my understanding that the server that hosts the forum is having some problems. The forum will be back online when the problems have been resolved.

I seem to recall that Iceman aka Redneck aka a lot of other names ran his own servers / had his own hosting company.

Things are never as they seem.

I believe you are correct, but the question was what happened to the forum - not ownership of the server. I was told the server is having problems, so my response addressed the question. ;)

Thanks for the responses all. It wasn't my intent to re-kindle any bad-blood or hard-feelings. I just saw that there was already and existing thread concerning Rednecks board, so I figured I'd use that instead of starting another topic. Again, thanks for confirming that the board is having issues and it's not my station with the issue.

Server basically went up in flames. Larry does own the server in addition to others. Paying customers come first, he is buildind a new server. So very sorry to dash some peoples hopes, but we will be back up giving out our usual "bad advice" :)

pro151 , are you a part of the admin over at rednecks ?

as far as bad advise from there ........
one of the times i was banned was because i pointed out to redneck that he was wrong to say my uniden 78 could not get 500 watts pep from a texas star 500 . thats the setup i was running at the time . he could have simply replied my meter was off , but he chose to ban me because i dared to have a different opinion and stood my ground .

pro151 , are you a part of the admin over at rednecks ?

as far as bad advise from there ........
one of the times i was banned was because i pointed out to redneck that he was wrong to say my uniden 78 could not get 500 watts pep from a texas star 500 . thats the setup i was running at the time . he could have simply replied my meter was off , but he chose to ban me because i dared to have a different opinion and stood my ground .

No, why?
I am a moderator at the new forum, but it has nothing to do with RRR going down.

Iceman Larry doesn't seem very interested in getting things up and going...

Such a tragic loss.

I don't know what the problem is. He told Killroy that the server had gone up in smoke and he was in the process of rebuilding.
I have not heard anything different in the meantime.

Server basically went up in flames. Larry does own the server in addition to others. Paying customers come first, he is buildind a new server. So very sorry to dash some peoples hopes, but we will be back up giving out our usual "bad advice" :)

my bad 151 , i thought the "we" and "our" in your post implied you were a part of the admin there .

which new forum are you a mod at ?

I didn't mean to mislead you or anyone else. My reply was tongue in cheek, bordering on smart-ass because of all of the bad press and rumors RRR got because of the falling out with the nut case Colonel.
I just meant "We" as in the membership at RRR.
Everyone has their "favorite" forum or forums that they no longer like for this reason or that. I try to stay neutral in the forum wars as I refer to them, I actually think the only time I have gotten into an argument about forums was right here with you, But then we kissed and made up.
About the only forum I comment on much is CBRT because of all of the over moderation (in my opinion) and the absolute protection afforded to Radiohactive.
I have seen a Connex that Mike claimed he did himself and it was an absolute wreck on the inside.
Did it exhibit a high reading on the meter? Yes.
Were they dirty watts? Yes again.
Was it an over modulated P.O.S? Why, yes once more.
Did it last long? No.

Like GLR said; "It is the internet"

I am like anyone else, I read stuff that lights my fuse from time to time but it really is not worth getting into a pissing contest over a radio or an antenna or a forum.
State your views, tell what works or doesn't work for you and enjoy the hobby.

Now shut the hell up and get off of my back! :love:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.