• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rednecks..whats up ?

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
stumbled on to rednecks radio room and signed up no problem at all,read a bunch of stuff and left for a few days and never even posted anything..went to post something today and the site said i was banned..WOW,,how can you get banned without ever posting anythin ? lol.

Who knows. They can be ornery and cantankerous and particular. They do however take exceptional pride in thinking that they are super cool and better than everyone else. Their highest delight is in trashing bozo the drunken clown's site...which is unparalleled in deserving said criticism on any level....yet they are slowly creeping towards almost becoming the same kind of place themselves.

Sometimes this site does curiously odd things too.

no big loss

a forum built on a lie is never a good place to hang your hat

stumbled on to rednecks radio room and signed up no problem at all,read a bunch of stuff and left for a few days and never even posted anything..went to post something today and the site said i was banned..WOW,,how can you get banned without ever posting anythin ? lol.
A lot of those sites especially rednecks has a rule stating that you must post within a given time frame and as Good Looking Rascal said no big loss because the knowledge base there is described by the forums name.

Just took a look at the site.
Read the site rules and they seem to be fairly 'normal' or typical for a forum. Couldn't find any time limit restrictions, but there are requirements for registering. They didn't seem unreasonable.
I only glanced at one or two of the threads and they didn't seem any more 'redneck'ish' than most. I know that's not a very good way to judge things, just not a large enough sample. Looks interesting at the least.

Splash1,
Only way to find out the 'why' is to ask, I would think. No idea if you'd get an answer, but I think I'd do'dat anyway.
- 'Doc
---------
Just for general information.

I have officially been 'RedNeck #2' for a great many years. Yes, there is/was such an organization, and to the best of my knowledge, 'we' were never connected to anything other than 'our' organization. Didn't even know about this forum till it was mentioned here.
The 'numbers' were issued by the administrator of the organization. You got no choice. The choice was strictly up to the administrator, and he issued whichever number he felt like giving you. If there was any significance in that number, it was only significant to that administraor, and you took the number or hit the road. That was your only choice. I can tell you that 'RedNeck #1' was never issued. Anyone claiming otherwise is sadly mistaken. (Nicest way I can think of saying that the claimant is full of what farmers spread on fields to help with plant growth.) I can also tell you that 'our' membership was strictly by invitation. There was, and IS, a fee for membership. It varied quite a bit (mine was a beer of the administrator's choice. What kind was it? Can't tell you, it's a secret.).
What has any of this got to do with that forum? Nothing that I know of. It's just for information purposes. Now you know.

Last edited:
w5lz..i tried to email the big honcho there but thier site wont even let me do that . not realy worried about it but i am curious..

With all the dumb questions asked (over and over again) in Redneck's forum I would put it in the same category as Bozo's. I like to call both forums "Dumb and Dumber".

Redneck is a dumb ass and a person of low moral value . he essentially was unknown and the Col. befriended and trusted him to set up the ampsrus forum so he could concentrate on his AMPS R US business . redneck got known/popular due to his assocation with the Col. and then did some shady stuff behind his back and took the forum (all the software and domain stuff was registered to redneck) . the Col. just didnt have the time to mess with it and just let it go .

ill agree with Psycho . rednecks it at the top of the list of shitty places to find accurate info on the cb hobby .

and yes ive been banned there three times ;)
maybe its time for a fourth ? :)

I've noticed that too, didn't know if it was 'me' or 'them' having problems. Hope they get it straightened out.
- 'Doc

Hopefully they just quietly go away. Would be nice if they'd take a few other bullshit forums with them as well.

I'm not going to take sides on this 'Col vs Redneck' BS but I will say that I have heard both sides of the story and my conclusion does not reflect the same opinions that have been expressed by some in this thread. I have also had dealings with both parties and have no complaints about either party.

... bumping an old thread, rather than starting new one. Rednecks site has been down/unavailable for many days now. For anyone that cares, does anyone know what's going on with the site?

It's my understanding that the server that hosts the forum is having some problems. The forum will be back online when the problems have been resolved.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.