• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Refurbish mic, how?

sp5it

Master of puppets
Jul 9, 2009
Poland
www.qrz.com
Hi. I put my hands on nice 575m6.
I want to refresh metal net on the front, it is a little rusty ant paint scratched.
Maybe someone did that before. How to refresh it to have as good as new?
Mike

Take a look at the mic screen from the link you posted.
There is u-shaped plastic "something".
Is there any way to remove it without any marks?
Mike

Take a look at the mic screen from the link you posted.
There is u-shaped plastic "something".
Is there any way to remove it without any marks?
Mike
It is a 'lip guard'.
Its purpose is to maintain the proper distance from the mic to the mouth by placing it on the upper lip area. It also acts as a bumper when the mic is set down. It won't hurt having/keeping it on the mic - makes it look a bit more 'trick' - if you ask me.

I'm not quite sure if this screen was made for the 575; you might need to send them an email and ask them. It is made for Astatic mics tho...

Those should fit the 575. The lip guard is just glued on. You can peel it off very carefully if you like. Use a little solvent like Naptha to clean the glue residue. You could also just take out your existing screen and spray paint it to refurbish it. A light sanding with some fine steel wool would probably help the paint stick.

Hi wonder how you got on with the restoration of the 575m6 ?? just trying the exact same thing myself with my own 575m6, plans are to fit a new Astatic decal, new astatic michrophone cable and either replace the front grill with a new black or chrome one as in the link a few threads above or just do as has been suggested and give the original grill a rub down / coat off spray paint.

Looking for recommendations on a source for the following parts guys :

Astatic decal - original astatic 575m6 style
Replacment astatic michrophone cord

must ship international as located here in the uk

Okay thanks will look out for one, are the other astatic michrophone cables the same sort ie. would the 636L cord fit the 575m6 / look the same as original fitment ??

Okay thanks will look out for one, are the other astatic michrophone cables the same sort ie. would the 636L cord fit the 575m6 / look the same as original fitment ??

SO long as it is a 5 conductor cable w/shield (6 total) and made of Buna rubber, you should be OK...

I see them on eBay, might be 1 or 2 there now - but you will have to look and dig a bit...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1