• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Remembering 9/11,where were you?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I was at a shipper loading to go to Cali when it happened.I cant remember the name of the brige i went across to get to the shipper but i was across the water from the city and could planly see the Statue Of liberty with the towers in the back ground.I did not see the first plane hit but i did see the second one and also the fall of the towers.The things i saw that day and the way i felt,i hope to never feel or see agian.My prayers are with the victems and those who were left to carry on,god bless you.

i was at school just coming back from PE. Our teaches sat us down and said that the Twin tower's were just hit. We just sat there not knowing what to do. That day we didnt do much so we watched tv. A life changing moment at that time. I remember everyone's faces just in complete shock. Didnt know what to do at the time. Just sit there and watch tv. Now when something happens we get to watch tv when were in school. Beats a 3 page essay on what is Biology? :?

I was at work and my boss called and asked if we knew what was going on. We hadn't a clue. While he was telling us he saw the 2nd plane hit. It was a feeling that made me feel vulnerable, I thought it must have been the same feeling people felt when Pearl Harbor was struck. It brought a sense of helplessness and showed me how for granted we take everyday and how quickly our lives can change.
King Mudduck, My brother-in-law was on a bridge driving a big truck and also saw the 2nd plane hit. He had a hard time dealing with what he saw with his own eyes.

Well, I'm sure the hijackers were surpised to wake up in hell, not surrouinded bye virgens to ease their every wish. Or are there virgins in hell, too?? Nah.

I was delivering parts to a Tuffy auto parts in Flint Michigan they had the TV on all i could think was it can't be true??? But alass it was and at that moment It was just pure rage. I was not even able to finish my deliveries till the next day.All I can say is unlike the Japanese (who we actualy did exact revenge on)ALQUIDA seams to have gotten away with it AND grown as a result :oops: :cry: To think we can spot a fly on an enemys shoulder from space but we can't find one decrepid old man.Tis a shame.

Chuck

I was home sick as a dog with the flu that day.Ironically I work as an broadcast engineer in the media,radio broadcasting.I had the television on and was half asleep on the couch when I awoke to the pictures on ABC.In a half stuper I thought it was some sort of sick news story spoof until I changed the channel and saw it on CBS.Then I went to CNN and there it was again.That was just before the second plane hit.I said to my parents that their generation asked "Where were you when Kennedy was assinated?" and my generation asks "Where were you when the towers got hit?".

9 1 1

I was at work. My boss ran into my office and was yelling at me that he had heard on the radio that a plane had just smacked into one of the towers of the WTC.

My first reaction was that he was seriously pranking me! (Please understand the above statement. We're both "computer guys" and are continuously testing each other with "what will the other guy believe...")

So I ran to the basement, commandeered a little TV and we turned it on to the only channel we could pick up through the thick concrete walls of our building.

From that point on I sat with mouth in the "duh" position and could not believe what I was seeing OR hearing.

After it sank in that we were, essentially, "under attack" by some sick entity, I sat down and scribbled down plans to become a nuclear expansionist.

'Fuzz.

9/ 11

i was at the beach suring with a friend and the cops kicked us off the beach. went home ate breakfast and was the new on tv called my uncle in NY he was ok . I was glad he was ok

We were rebuilding and adding a new runway to our local airport in NH....When the news 1st aired ,they stopped all small plane traffic but when the "Real News" was confirmed they "locked" down........They shut us down quickly and blocked what they could of the entire airport with our equipment...That was the longest ride home from work in my life (36 miles) until I reached the front door and found Mom and both kids home safely,,,,

Snoope back quiet

I was sound asleep dreaming about 70 virgins. I had to wait for the dinner bell to hear the news. By then it was all over.

I was at work unloading a semi truck, My supervisor stopped us all and they played it over the itercom, it sure was a sad day, When I got off work I drove home listening to it on the radio. And then got in the house on my wife was watching it on the tv.

Well i was supposed to be there that day..

at the time the towers fell i was typiclly still eating breakfest (near where path trains entrance was)..

my father also was supposed to be there that day at a early mouning meeting...

well my father desided to not go to the meeting..
while i had been asked by a cousin to help him on my day off..

so when i late that fatefull day..
at 10 am i went downstairs to my cousins store..
when he told me the news...
i thought he was kidding...so i went back upstairs and turned the tv on...so i knew it was not a joke....i then looked out the window and could no longer see the towers all us NYers knew so well...

one of the odd things about it all
was that 2 days before...
i had gone to watch a annual boat race and took many pics of the towers....

as i would snap a pic of the boat i wanted from accross the rive on nj side...waitting for the boat to be between both towers..
i also remember thinking how odd is was in how such a nice day it was...i could not get out of my head how it was the quiet before the storm...

2 days later i found it was the quiet befre the storm..

So i wish all those who perished......GOD Bless

also to those of our more recent Events...GOD Bless

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.