• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reminiscing

triple nickel

Dec 5, 2009
Christian County Mo.
Sometimes, I miss the way it used to be on 11-Meter, CB Clubs, CB Breaks on a Friday or Saturday Night with a Live Band and a Raffle and Door Prizes. Also the way Society use to be, A whole lot different than today. And The 23 Channel Radios, And when they changed over to 40 Channel, a Member on this Forum done something that brought back a lot of Great Memories. Thank you My friend.
There still are some Great Folks from The Old School.

Reactions: 1 person

triple nickel, I agree and people were alot more courteous too.

I belonged to a CB Club called F-Troop Rejects out of Cuba, MO.
in the 70s &80s.

Yup, missed them and some of the young ladies too ;) Of course I was a youngster at the time but all in all good times.

Last edited:
My good ole' CB days were the early 70's...then it got too stupid. Had good ole days with Ham radio in the 80's and 90's then it to evolved into something I don't enjoy as much any more .

I miss the old days..."sigh"

i miss the rabbit hunts in the 7os, we had in ky. some one(rabbit) would go out in town and we would drive around trying to find them with hints from the rabbit. lots of fun back then. 73s midnight special

Yup, missed them and some of the young ladies too
:) I can still recall driving home from a party talking on the CB and meeting a girl over the air who invited me to meet up...didn't know what to expect but she was actually my age and cute. I don't even think there is a single girl under 25 who even uses a CB anywhere in the U.S. anymore.

:) I can still recall driving home from a party talking on the CB and meeting a girl over the air who invited me to meet up...didn't know what to expect but she was actually my age and cute. I don't even think there is a single girl under 25 who even uses a CB anywhere in the U.S. anymore.

Your lucky...

On the occasions my friends and I would meet up with a girl on the CB, we got big fat ones. We had to ride bicycles to meet up. You can't determine sexiness over a CB.

I was home on leave around '79 and was out cruising with a friend of mine, we started talking to two girls that sounded frisky. We told them to meet us in a store parking lot. After exchanging vehicle info (we lied) I pulled into a gas station close by and waited. Sure enough, even from 60-70 yards, we could tell they were some big 'uns.

Damn CB...

There was a girl/woman/pretender in this area who X-ratedly teased the US224 truckers for years...and I mean years...until me and the crew decided to locate her over the Christmas holidays in '91. Conniving little wench had a Ringo mounted on top of the home's electrical feed and the radiator itself was well camouflaged in nearby trees.

What shut 'her' up was the nice XMas card - hand-signed by the entire population of the local channel - which mysteriously appeared in her mailbox...:D

All of us had a heck of a lot of fun on 11 way back when. I miss the sideband clubs the most, and met quite a few women - not all bad looking - via the setup.

Wish my radios had a switch marked "then" and "now" on them.

Belonged to a club called the Brown Bottles in the late 70s very early 80s. "Piano Man" was my Handle. Had the old 3 letter station number from way back in the early 60s as a kid with a knight kit. I remember feeding the babies at the daily 2:00am feeding and listening and talking local. Just chatting. Way before echo's and beeps other then a browning beep, I hooked up a Maestro echoplex. A 60's tape delay until, and would sign off with "piano man, man, man, man, man". If I remember correctly I was brown bottle 43. And it was a KLK#### station licence number.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.