• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Remote for Fat Boy

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
My friend said it is very easy to make a remote switch for an amp (fat boy)..simply get a stereo mic plug (the big suckers) and run the center conductor to one side of the switch and the shield to the other. plug in and Presto! remote switch. well i tried it and it's not working. can anyone help? I have a spst lighted switch (3 prongs, one of which is a ground)

use the tip for your positive and the middle body of the plug to complete your circuit, there will be NO connection to ground, all you're doing is just adding a REMOTE switch so run the 2 wires from the plug to the main switch in the box making sure the one from the tip of the plug goes to the positive lead on the main switch and the other wire from the plug to the other lead on the main switch, circuit completed.

Or you could just run the center plug lead to the power strip and the other lead to the coil side of the relay which would accomplish the same thing with shorter leads but with either of these connections the main switch should be in the off position when using the remote switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.