• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Removable mobile for use in the shack?

thercman

Feb 9, 2012
So I would like to mainly use my new radio in the car. Since it has a removable face that gives me some mounting options, such as the unit under the seat and the control unit on the dash. However, I would like to be able to remove it fairly easily to use as a base unit in the shack, but at the same time not make it easy to steal. Has anyone come up with some unique mounting brackets that could make this work, or are there some already available on the market? Could I get a separate amp section to keep in the house and just move the faceplate? Any thoughts?

I'm afraid it won't be that easy. A second cable for the house would mean you only had to move the radio's body and the control head. Leave one cable in the car, one in the house. Or, a second control head and cable for the house and only have to move the radio's body. From there it'd mean just getting another radio and leaving one in the house, one in the car. Cheapest way would be just having a second connecting cable and moving both radio and control head.
I don't "mount" the radio's body, just place it under a seat. It's sort of easy to take in the house, just disconnect everything and move the radio. Happily, I've got a second radio for the house so I don't have to connect/disconnect all the time. After you've moved it enough times, that second radio get's to be really 'practical', you know?
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.