• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Renegade 74 Not A Good Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 257HP from this guy, paid him on Dec 2nd, as of today Dec 22nd, no radio, no tracking no communciations, did a case with PayPal, they said I can get my money back by the 27th if I don't hear anything or get the radio, that stinks, I really wanted the radio, shame on me for selling a good working dual final 257 so I could get an HP version. :sad:

I can't blame for being pissed about getting beat on a radio deal, but if you get shitty service at McDonalds to you go to Burger King to complain???

Reactions: 1 person
I can't blame for being pissed about getting beat on a radio deal, but if you get shitty service at McDonalds to you go to Burger King to complain???

And if the shoe was on the other foot?

I appreciate when people inform us of bad deals in the swap section. Seems to be a rise in the amount of bad deals lately. I have zero tolerance for thieves.

And if the shoe was on the other foot?

I appreciate when people inform us of bad deals in the swap section. Seems to be a rise in the amount of bad deals lately. I have zero tolerance for thieves.

Both are solid points. It is always a fair practice to check out the person on any forum before you buy. New member? Low or high post count? Sold stuff here before? Things like that. A bit late for that now - of course. Mole warns us about 'buyer beware'. This guy had no previous posts and he played on a member that probably expressed the desire to check this radio out. Hard to say if this dude will come up with the goods or he is just a scammer. If nothing shows up, one of the Mods can ban the guy. Not that it will do much good now. So be careful and get some references. If none can be found, pass on the deal. A deal that is too good to be true - probably is.

Both are solid points. It is always a fair practice to check out the person on any forum before you buy. New member? Low or high post count? Sold stuff here before? Things like that. A bit late for that now - of course. Mole warns us about 'buyer beware'. This guy had no previous posts and he played on a member that probably expressed the desire to check this radio out. Hard to say if this dude will come up with the goods or he is just a scammer. If nothing shows up, one of the Mods can ban the guy. Not that it will do much good now. So be careful and get some references. If none can be found, pass on the deal. A deal that is too good to be true - probably is.

Why should he be banned from this forum when the transaction occurred on another?

I can check email and the forum from
my phone, so ignoring someone's request for a response seems intentional. I've been in and arounds trucks for 35 years and have grown with the times. So being over the road is not really a valid reason any more. Not checking or responding would be a choice.

Well the only reason I did the post was to give fellow radio operators the heads up on a bad deal, not to ban him or give him a hard time just so you guys know he did not do the deal, so take that and put him on your watch list, that's all. No sense for anybody else to get beat.

A warning is alwaays good. The analogy above doesn;t even apply to this situation. Unless McDonalds is sellng their burgers at Burger King. These guys tend to float from forum to forum making bad deal after bad deal until everyone catches on.

Reactions: 2 people
re

thanks for the heads up.
been burned twice on this forum. so i dont buy nothing from the swap shop anymore.

You're right again!
Should have read it all once again.
:bdh:

Then again, he might pull the same gig off here too. He is a member here with no posts. Or; do you know him?

WWDX shouldn't allow con artist swindlers shysters (the list goes on) on this forum eh:blink:

Reactions: 1 person
A warning is alwaays good. The analogy above doesn;t even apply to this situation. Unless McDonalds is sellng their burgers at Burger King. These guys tend to float from forum to forum making bad deal after bad deal until everyone catches on.

which forum is responsible for this deal gone bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.