• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Retards Trying To Work Skip On 19 AM

WHATS EVEN WORSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT ABUSE CH 9 ... I MONITIRED IT AT ONE TIME AS I AM IN A RURAL ENVIRONMENT AND NOW AND THEN PEOPLE USED IT AS INTENDED FOR EMERGENT PURPOSES ... I HAD TO SET THE SQUELCH SO HIGH THAT IT BECAME A EXERCISE IN FUTILITY FOR THE SAME REASONS AS DESCRIBED ON CH 19 ..XXX
Does any one monitor Channel 9? React has been abandoned or moved itself up into the GMRS/FRS frequencies.

Reactions: LeapFrog
It's really funny when it's clearly a white guy trying to sound like a brother. Lots of them on YouTube making "watergates" too. I don't get it either though!

Brett

Southern Drawl maybe?

I use a different voice on the radio, my own vocal trainning if you will. Trying to sound a little more like a real person without nasal issues lol!

Here is a post I did on a SSB calling frequency thread that probably better suits this thread here.

Is it any different on CH. 19? That's supposed to be an open channel just like a calling frequency primarily for highway communications.

Now it's for being as obnoxious as possible using noise toys, noise makers, recordings, roger beeps, and people doing hour long monolouges or agitating and ridiculing truck drivers especially when skip conditions are ideal or on ground wave.

And for all of you who do that out there, I'm sure you're proud!

As for the this thread topic, if the channel was fairly busy, then yes the courteous thing to do is QSY.

That's some of the reasons why I got away from CB. I still use it for the local channels at home and I always monitor it on the highway.

It was the SSB mode on a Cobra 148, then a President HR 2510 that got me interested to take it to the next level.

Maybe more of you guys will do the same!

Reactions: LeapFrog
It's useful to key on 19 late at night when the band is quiet. Ive got some crazy conditions when you would least expect it. I get a lot of short or just odd skip. Plenty of conversations with people just running barefooted radios that are surprised that they are making it to SoCal. I move on once it gets stupid.
Then I twist the beam that way and go to 6 or 28.

Ok, I put some thought into this phenomena of the CH 6 guys on CH 19. Here's my theory. They CB radio is so overmodulated and off frequency that the radio just splatters all over the 1st 23 channels. 1.21 Gigawatts all over the CB Band for our listening enjoyment.

Reactions: Road Squawker
Why do some of these ch6 morons keep trying to work skip on 19? I get really sick of hearing the "and I just got down" bs.
I think political correctness can sometimes go to far but I take offence to the word used to describe someone trying to shoot skip on 19. We're not fourth graders anymore.
If you have a family member or friend with a mental (or any) disabilitie you might understand. Ignorant, moronic or idiotic should suffice.
I don't have a ticket but am capable of listening to the amateur bands and if someone was inclined to be truthful then maybe writing about the improper use of particular frequency's on some of those bands in which you're obviously licensed to operate might be helpful.
I think many chicken banders and newbie Ham's have a preconception that ham radio is a utopia of radio communication loving operator's that "never" act a fool or break the law's. WRONG!
You're complaining about cb radio. Everyone knows what goes on there. It's been posted to death.
I was shocked to hear some of the nightmarish activity on some ham bands. I'm not defending 11 meters because it can occasionally get out of control but for the most part it's enjoyable and once you learn how to navigate it, it's wonderful. Moving to another frequency is the best way to take charge of how one spends their radio time. And I'm sure ham operator's use the same method when hearing something they don't like or aren't interested in getting involved with. 73 Happy Thanksgiving ps I'm not bashing amateur radio. I'm just making an observation.

Reactions: XXX and LeapFrog
I had a guy tell me once that CB was like going to a bar, and ham radio was like going to church. :LOL:

As Sonar says, I've heard some bad behavior on both. Either one is what the radio operator makes of it.

Brett

Reactions: XXX
Channel 19 in So. Cal. is still Drivers, but there are base station bullys on 19 just like everywhere. Their goal is to hurt feelings annoy boast threat. Drivers usually object, but the base bullys have their right to say what they want when they want and how they want. What's cb without threats of kickin yo ass or I'll df you? Or your facebook page is XXX. It's the hobby it's what you signed up for now days. Big guns on six, well those cotton pickers from deep south hit me every day in So. Cal. I like them but I cannot understand a thing they say with their splatter boxes. My personal goal, all my life, is to defeat bullys. I was picked on as a kid, now it's my turn to nail the base station idiots. Don't fight them, tease them, lead them on, try to get their attention, eventually, some will become your "friend".

Is it really the channel 6 crowd causing trouble on 19? Seems to me like it's the ones who tried and failed to make the cut on 6 who are most likely to flex their muscles on other channels, the real big boys seem to prefer the challenge of staying on 6 and competing with stations in their league.

It seems the 6 guys are in a club of their own that dates back decades although I would like to hear the history if someone knows please? I remember a few so called sixers on 14 in the 1970s. Channel 11 or railroad tracks sometimes sounds sixish.

Last edited:
Is it really the channel 6 crowd causing trouble on 19? Seems to me like it's the ones who tried and failed to make the cut on 6 who are most likely to flex their muscles on other channels, the real big boys seem to prefer the challenge of staying on 6 and competing with stations in their league.
Would that be the league of over modulated, over driven, bh, bh, bh, bh bh bh bh bh cb'ers? How many times does someone have to say bh (bye?)
If I ever heard a bunch of screwballs on a single channel I'm positive it was there.
With the exception of a couple 6 operator's those people are poster boy's for how not to run a cb radio station. Most of those guys would sound so much better by switching out whatever rigs their using for a stock cb. A new uniden or older transceiver (cobra, realistic) that hasn't been modified (most of those rigs sound nice on AM IMO). Mods can and in most cases do improve the sound of AM modulation but the mods most of those people have done to their rigs sound awful. I do occasionally listen on 6. Strictly for laughs and never longer than ten minutes. My ears begin to hurt. I was shocked to hear a guy in nj l(805,802?) who was operating a Dave Made transmitter. He not only sounded excellent but Intelligent which is definitely an anomaly on 6. 73 Happy Thanksgiving

There's actually a list on the web. It list's the names/handles of many Super Bowl operator's past and present. I'm assuming the list goes back many years because many of The Operators listed have a notation next to their handles/name's (DECEASED). 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.