• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Retro 75- Anybody built one?

Good deal!

I need to get come classes finished that I'm taking (PMP) and get that certification done, THEN I'm getting one myself.

OH-- we want photos!

Rick

I have had the kit for a couple weeks now but haven't even taken it out of the box except to look at it yet. I am planning to build it into a larger cabinet with a high power final amp but just can't decide between solid state or hollow state. A pair of 811A's, which I have, would be good but I also have a nice 300 watt PA section from an old Sailor HF marine radio that is looking to be put to good use. The only problem with the Sailor amp is it is 24 volt so I need to muster up a power supply for it as well.

Interesting!

I still plan to order one, but have too much on my plate right now to even think about building something else. I want to have one up and going by the time AM season rolls around. Post photos when you get going on it!

Rick

Good to know, FF. What have been your experiences with it on the air?

Captain Kilowatt, did you ever get around to building yours?

No I haven't built it yet. When I bought it I was dealing with some family health issues here and it got put into a drawer and forgotten about. Just too low a priority at the time.Then came summer and new antenna/tower planning which is now finally happening so I expect I shall probably build it this winter.

Understood-- I'm certainly no stranger to things such as that. I haven't bought one yet for that very reason-- I barely have time to do the things I have to do, and when push comes to shove you have to prioritize.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.