• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

REVIEW OF THE NEW PRESIDENT MCKINLEY

Funny you mentioned the swr setting on the McKinley, I JUST got through watching Mike's video on it. Really neat feature!
I'll look up the 980 mod. Last one I remember watching needed quite a bit of work to make extra channels usable.

Reactions: Crawdad
I believe I bought my 980 for about $90 or so a few years ago when they first came out. I bought it on sale at a major chain truck stop in Midland,Tx. Now they are about $150 at the same truckstop. Maybe on sale around $130.

Reactions: Crawdad
It is a sweet radio IMO. I could use a ham transceiver outside of normal 40 channels, so I would not care if extras were installed. (I never used extra channels anyways).

Reactions: Slowmover
The radio is nice with variable power via front. Low of 3/4w to about 3 3/4 on AM.

On SSB I whistled on low to about 5-7w and 12-15w on high using my Asatic PDC1 meter.

I get great audio reports with it. I got MO barefoot today from here in Pittston, PA on 38 lower with skip.

Would be great for RM 200P or 203P, IMO.

Handy info, thanks.

The radio is nice with variable power via front. Low of 3/4w to about 3 3/4 on AM.

On SSB I whistled on low to about 5-7w and 12-15w on high using my Asatic PDC1 meter.

I get great audio reports with it. I got MO barefoot today from here in Pittston, PA on 38 lower with skip.

Would be great for RM 200P or 203P, IMO.

Hey! I grew up in West Wyoning, PA. I haven't been there in 30 years. I miss PA.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.