• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Review of Yesterday's Mod

Some of the marketing always fascinated me. Mike had a cool website at the time and and an entire online forum to spread marketing with peer pressure and be one of the crowd techniques. I still remember him trying to sell me a RCI 2950 for 690.00. No one wanted to hear that a properly tuned stock Cobra 29 swinging to 18 watts on frequency will talk over the big radio sound.

No one wanted to hear that a properly tuned stock Cobra 29 swinging to 18 watts on frequency will talk over the big radio sound.

Oh No!

- "And don't forget - there is a difference between PDC watts and Bird Watts..."​

Hoo boy...

Everything was fair game...

I just wanted to point out - he could hook up the radio to a scope and show things, but his favorite tool was a Dremel.

That's scary...

You know, I was once lost man and didn't live the best life. I believe in second chances because I was given the Grace to have one myself.

Aside from what radioactive once was and the impression it left on many, Mr Mike got a second chance and went on to do other things. Seems to be doing pretty good these days, respected in his community, and in a whole new profession too.

It's good to know that and must give kudos to the man.

So back to topic, it's almost unbelievable that Mark doesn't just rag on Mike even though he doesn't completely build him up either.

Maybe because nobody can ever meet the stature of the magic pixie dust......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.