• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

reviving wildly

Al n3izr

Apr 28, 2013
Hello had a good one here pulled into bank window today and my
Truck 2005 Ford Ranger started reviving wildly ! my radio FT857d
was turned off but my antenna make light contact with roof. This is
not my frist time at this window of bank? I shut it down with key placed
in park and restarted still reviving shut it down pushed it away from
bank window and roof all works find ! I did find out a fast food had just
installed Wi-Fi bank has wireless networking and a pizza place near by
also has Wi-Fi this is all within 1000':censored:

73 Al / N3IZR

I doubt the antenna making contact the the banks overhang had anything to do with the revving of the engine. I also have yet to hear about wi-fi causing issues with a vehicles ECM. More than likely the hottie at the drive up window was making your right foot twitch :D

Reactions: 3 people
What's "reviving"?

I thought maybe the engine was quitting and coming back to life. :whistle:

No idea why that would happen unless there was an electrical issue with the metal overhead panels that may have been electrified and playing hell with the computer. Next time have someone else drive thru there for you with you in the back of the truck holding a metal pole. Touch the metal pole to the overhang with one hand and the truck bed with the other hand at the same time. You'll be the first to know if I am correct. Get back to us with the results. If we don't hear from you again we will just assume I was correct. :D

I doubt the antenna making contact the the banks overhang had anything to do with the revving of the engine. I also have yet to hear about wi-fi causing issues with a vehicles ECM. More than likely the hottie at the drive up window was making your right foot twitch :D

Reminds me of a time when I was in college and a bunch of my buddies were at the drive through of a bank. One of my friends was talking a LOT of noise about what he'd like to do to the hottie teller. All of the other teller's were laughing, and then we realized she had left the microphone on and they had heard every word he said. :laugh:

Brett

Does the Yaesu still work,You would think that if the signal, or volts, was strong enough to interfere with the ecu through the antenna that it would take out the front end protection on the Yaesu.

Not necessarily. 60Hz is a long way off from RF and a simple capacitor can drastically limit the amount of voltage delivered to the actual frontend of a radio. I have seen a 102 steel whip strike HV wires and all that happened was a REALLY LOUD static burst on the radio and everything was fine after.

revving engine

Well this is what I did bank is closed on sunday I took my truck back to
drive in window Monday without antenna no problem. Reinstalled antenna and
pulled back up and engine revving killed it with key and pushed it
out. I talked to the bank manager but I think he was thinking I'm
some kind of nut case! No harm came to radio . But I think a
voltage check may be in order if I don't get myself locked up.
Some one I talked to around here is thinking WiFi may be getting
into cruise control. I took a freq. counter with a duck from my
2 meter ht and saw WIFI freq. all over parking lot.

73 Al N3IZR :confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.