• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reworking palomar 250

9Lives

Oct 3, 2012
Hi, I haven't posted here in a long time. In fact I've got my electronics tech degree since the last time I spoke. Some of you may remember my annoying biasing questions as I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I know there has to be a thread with some info on what can be done to improve these amps. Could some one be so kind as to point me in that direction?

I guess you need to define what you mean by, "improve these amps". Are you wanting to change it from class C to AB, add some filtering, get more watts? The short answer is these small mass produced cb amps are what they are really. If the one you have is working I would leave it like it is.
The big problem now with these older amplifiers is most of the finals they use are no longer made and the prices for what is left have gone through the roof. You don't want to be experimenting too much and start blowing finals.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.