• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited News . . .

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
Sam Lewis - owner of RF Limited/Magnum Int'l - gave me some news about some new products that will be available by mid to late November.

First, a handheld AM/FM/SSB 10-12m radio that has 9 watts PEP and will have a docking cradle for mobile applications. That's right; a hand-held 10-12m radio! This docking cradle will be able to access power from your vehicle and allow for an external antenna and to charge the radio's bettery. It will also boost power output up to 50 watts PEP with a small amplifier. This handheld's antenna will be capable of use on all 10 thru 12m bands. It will also be capable of European standard freq divisions too (e.g. - even numbers - 24.550 etc). Radio will be easily modifiable to include 11m as well. Radio has capability to do repeater offsets.
Sam Lewis will be sending me one to review.

Don't get your panties all bunched up laddies. I will have to send it back to him after I review it, as he is sending me the prototype unit.

This will be another FIRST on the WWRF . . .

Next, all Magnum 257's and OmegaForce S-45's are presently 'sold out' from the factory. They will be reissuing a newer version of both radios that will come with the new Toshiba CPU. This CPU will make these radios fully capable of 10-11-12m operation. There are a couple of other mods done to them as well; more info to come. These radios will not be available until after the first of the year - or later. I suspect this should put RCI back on their heels, as the Magnums will have a leg-up advantage. Due to the fact that they have built-in audio processing and the RCI's do not.

Finally, they are going to have a new line of radios that have new and many as yet unseen features offered.
More details to come very soon here on the WWRF . . .

(y)

Robb i was in the process of buying another RCI-2950dx or N2 but now after reading this i guess i will hold on until next year. Please keep me posted on this. On another note i will be going with a Wilson 5000 mag mount on my Dodge van. Thank You Robb for the info.

no offence but! i dont think ranger will be to worried about magnums new cpus!! lets not forget the rangers have been going to 24 megs up to 32 meg for years!!! unless magnum can up there quality controll with there nobs and buttons and general feel ect i think i will stick to ranger!! plus the magnums are so damm expensive here as well!! the s9 is over £300 here now!! 73s.

Sam Lewis - owner of RF Limited/Magnum Int'l - gave me some news about some new products that will be available by mid to late November.

First, a handheld AM/FM/SSB 10-12m radio that has 9 watts PEP and will have a docking cradle for mobile applications. That's right; a hand-held 10-12m radio!
i can't believe you're actually excited about this HT CB. :whistle:

i can't believe you're actually excited about this HT CB. :whistle:
Wrong on both counts!

It is a 10m & 12m HT; do YOU know of any company who makes them these today?

You can call it an export - because that is what it is.

Excited? Not really. Surprised? Yes.

It can be modified for 11m; but so can most every rig out there . . .

RF Limited used to have a handheld 10 meter radio and they discontinued it. I'm not sure why, unless it didn't sell well. I talked to Happy Hamer once who was using one of them on 10 meters. I would probably buy one if the price was right just for fun, especially if it could work the 10 meter repeaters.

Robb, When do you expect to receive the unit for review? If they are to be made available for sale in November I'd think you'd have it by now.

Just saying...

Thats exellent news on the Magnum up-dates. Everyone can thank Magnum for entering the market with some strong stuff here in the last 10 years. Without them pushing Galaxy and Connex we would all still be talking on 88's and 3300's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.