• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFI question

I am going to agree that something has changed it this is happening. If you lease your cable modem. Then go through the tech support process. Tolerate the repeated questions and get a replacement cable modem. Remember that they are made to the cable company’s exhausting standards using the finest Chinesium available. If all connections are to your standards then try replacing the cable modem. I have been working from home since the COVID scare. I had to replace the modem twice in a year due to performance issues. Oh, and one time the cable installers since through the coax shield coming into the house.

First , thanx for getting back to us, so few do.
Second I have a couple of thoughts on the cause.
"F" connectors usually suck dry dawg bawlls .
Generally they are constructed with the center conductor of the cable being the center conductor of the connector. It's just a shit show from the crimp and go.
Next the cable is a solid conductor. This is a recipe for fatigue fractures and associated gremlins.
Last these connections are fraught with dissimilar metal phuckallness. No one ever standardized what material was going to be used. For all we know it's Miller Light recycled cans.
As you found a simple goesoffda goesonta is all it takes.
Welcome to today's "justgoodenough" infrastructure .

YMMV, no beer was spoiled during this reply , no political party was insulted, this site is not responsible for my opinions and usually pays me in burned up resistors, use this information at your own risk, no guarantees implied, no refunds due to parts swappers....

I know the guys here have helped me a bunch and I sure have learned a lot. It doesn't matter what your background is or where you come from, all that matters is that you are willing to learn.

Don't you love it when a problem just goes away? It probably means it will come back some day, glad you figured something out. Maybe a little oxidation in the connector? Might help to dab a little dielectric grease in the threaded part of each connector if it happens again.

Well RFI problem fixed. Checked antenna and feeling input tuning on big amp and all jumpers still had RFI getting into tv. Unplugged the cable feed into the cable box and plugged it back in problem went away. Don't ask me how or why but it worked lol.

Sounds to me like another case of a switch mode power supply spewing crap. It may have had a bad oscillation that cleared when you unplugged/plugged it. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen that happen and sadly in this day of cheap consumer goods it certainly will not be the last.

Another forum I am on most time when you ask a question they tell you what a dumbass you are and how stupid your question is. Don't see that here.

Some of those folks seem to be miserable and they want you to be miserable too. Glad you solved your issue.

Thanks it was making me not a happy camper lol. There are a lot of folks out there that try to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad. Pretty bad way to live.

First , thanx for getting back to us, so few do.
Second I have a couple of thoughts on the cause.
"F" connectors usually suck dry dawg bawlls .
Generally they are constructed with the center conductor of the cable being the center conductor of the connector. It's just a shit show from the crimp and go.
Next the cable is a solid conductor. This is a recipe for fatigue fractures and associated gremlins.
Last these connections are fraught with dissimilar metal phuckallness. No one ever standardized what material was going to be used. For all we know it's Miller Light recycled cans.
As you found a simple goesoffda goesonta is all it takes.
Welcome to today's "justgoodenough" infrastructure .

YMMV, no beer was spoiled during this reply , no political party was insulted, this site is not responsible for my opinions and usually pays me in burned up resistors, use this information at your own risk, no guarantees implied, no refunds due to parts swappers....
:LOL: the disclaimer at the end was gold!

Reactions: 144inBama

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.