• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rg 6 or Rg 11 u

Cody Dixson

May 3, 2020
I'm currently planning on cophasing my semi trucks antennas I've got the mounts, antennas and radio now its time to build a harness. I've been thumming around the internet trying to figure out what coax to use to get the best proformace. Now I know that since the run is so short loss isn't going to be a major issue and but having a coax designed to be outdoors is idea in my application.

What is the better quality coax to use for this?
Are their pre made harnesses that are worth buying?

The truck stops currently offer rg58 in a cophased harness im just not a fan rg 58

I was think two equal lengths of rg 6 to a T-conector and then a short length of rg8x to the radio

Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks!

cophase requires rg59 to make a match of close to 50 ohms,, i always took a pl259 and stripped back enough coax that fit into it,, soldered the shield together side by side solder the center together then assembled in pl259 and solder it together,,, some antennas you can get away with short runs others must be close to 18 feet,, just as long as they are a equal length

Reactions: Cody Dixson
If you don't like RG-58 for the 50 ohm side, RG-59 is nearly the same size and handles no more power. I would step both up. Use RG-8X for the 50 ohm and RG-6 for the 75 ohm, since it also fits the same size PL-259 reducer or connector.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.