• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RG316 jumpers ?

bevis

Sep 28, 2020
Is there any reason you would not want to use 316 for jumpers on the bench. They are so much easier to deal with than RG400.
I currently use it for BNC jumpers to the SA and the scope but im thinking id like to use it for all my 3ft jumpers on the bench for radio to amp to bird meter chain.
For 11 meters and less than 2kw , i wouldnt think there would be an issue but im no coax expert.
Thoughts ?

I used a pl259 and rg400 bushing and it worked well. This video is pretty spot on and it worked well.

Bevis,
In all seriousness the RG400 isn’t difficult to work with compared to RG316.

Personally I don’t use RG316 for jumpers where I’ll be pumping 1.5k output. Also you can purchase double shielded RG316.

Bevis,
In all seriousness the RG400 isn’t difficult to work with compared to RG316.

Personally I don’t use RG316 for jumpers where I’ll be pumping 1.5k output. Also you can purchase double shielded RG316.
the 316 i have is DS. I have plenty of 400 to make jumpers with. the 316 just lays against the wall at the back of the bench and behaves. Do you know what that bushing part number is. I dodnt know they existed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.