• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RIGBlaster Pro Audio Processing Software

WR0220

Oct 26, 2008
DX Land
I'm interested in hearing opinions, preferences and advice about the various real-time audio processing software that is available (and compatible) with the RIGBlaster Pro. This can include free or retail versions - just like to narrow down the choices. I will be using the RIGBlaster Pro with an Icom 756 Pro II and/or an IC-7000 and a Heil GM4 microphone.

Are you planning using a computer mic with audio processing and sending it through the rigblasterand then back to the rig? I've never thought about doing it this way, but I suppose it could work real good. It will be interesting to hear who else has done this.

Are you planning using a computer mic with audio processing and sending it through the rigblasterand then back to the rig? I've never thought about doing it this way, but I suppose it could work real good. It will be interesting to hear who else has done this.

Yep, that's the plan Mole. Not only will I use the RBP for digital modes, but according to the manual you can use processing software on your computer the same way you would rack equipment. The GM4 plugs into the RBP, then the audio signal is sent to the computer for processing. From there it's sent back to the RBP and on to your radio then transmitted. The type of processing (eq/compression/downward expansion/etc) is only limited by the program you use - which is why I was wondering if anyone had prior experience doing this. If possible I don't want to have to go through several different programs to find a good one. West Mountain says they will have their own software available at some point, but until then you need to use a compatible third party software.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.