• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM-3 MOSFET TRANSISTOR

ERF9530 is a rebranded TO-3P MOSFET, similar in size to the power regulator on the side wall of a Galaxy or other similar radio. It will probably be too big to fit in place of an RM3 transistor.
IRF9530 is a TO-220P (final sized) MOSFET, has lesser heat dissipation then the above.

By doing a deep dive on the web, a German company web page says RM3 is about the same as an MS1307.
https://www.mwf-service.com/shop/mos-rm3-hf-endstufen-mosfet-max-30-mhz.html

Another site says MS1307 is equivalent to an IRF530 or BUZ20.
http://www.datasheetcafe.com/ms1307-datasheet-mosfet/

Going on the International Rectifier web site, their PDF listings for IRF510-IRF540 show

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irf530.pdf
IRF510 - Id - 5.6A - Ciss - 180 pF (used in some experimental QRP ham transceivers)
IRF520 - Id - 9.2A - Ciss - 360 pF
IRF530 - Id - 14A - Ciss - 670 pF
IRF540 - Id - 28A - Ciss - 1700 pF
Id is Drain Current, Ciss is Input (Gate) Capacitance.

This is a wild discussion. I never bothered with the RM3 or any of the RM amplifiers period, but now you got me interested. These are $68 and will output 100W? Where do you buy one for $68? Sounds like a neat experiment. IRF9530 is a P Channel Mosfet in TO-220B package, I would say, that's not the right part.

Input capacitance may not matter as much everyone thinks, seeing as how I know from experience you can replace the ERF 7530 (of whatever they call the TO-3P) one with a Fairchild FDA24N40F mosfet which has a "will not work" gate capacitance if you listen to the experts, but they are wrong it does work, I did it 10 years ago, only told a few people, but apparently recently the word has gotten out. I just happened to have those Fairchild parts in the parts bin for my amplifier repair shop (audio amplifiers) as many of the 2KW+ car stereo amps (Class D) were using originally a IRFP360LC but the price was of course high, so manufacturers started using the Fairchild equivalent, the FDA24N40F, with great success. Turns out they work in RF Amplifiers too, by some miracle that I cannot explain, I just know they work.

Reactions: NZ8N
Something I never got around to experimenting with was what would the FDA24N40F swapped FET (Palomar FET 450HD in this case) amplifier do with 24V or even 50V supply voltage? The FDA24N40F is a 400V mosfet. Someone try it and share. The parts are cheap, who cares if they blow up, $10 or less for a whole new set of 4. I don't have that amplifier anymore, sold it many years ago.

Reactions: NZ8N
I am very interested. FDA24N40F for 16 units how many Watts can it make?

How often can they work starting from 160 Mt.?

Thanks!

O "RM3", também conhecido como 2N6045, é um transistor de potência NPN de 75 watts/100v. O mistério por trás do RM3 é que eles usam todos os transistores que conseguem em preços a granel e cruzam o estande da fábrica e remarcam os transistores, internamente, com o número RM3. Nem todos os transistores RM3 que vêm da RM Itália são iguais, existem cerca de 15 variações diferentes que foram usadas ao longo dos anos.
amigo....o 2n6045 é pnp e nao npn!!!!! e as kl203 usam mosfets!!

FYI

Comparing a RM3 currently sold on Ebay:

looks exactly like a genuine Vishay IRF520

The IRF530 looks a little different.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated