• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL 503 Crunchy

Never experienced that after doing this mod. Fortunately, you can buy the HD version, now.
Presumably the HD version has no driver?
[/QUOTE]

I’ve got an hd sat here and it has the driver still and a 7db pad

the later ones had a different board design and that cutout by the relay is where the pad goes.

Note. The 703 uses 2x 3db pads for input attenuation

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
As far as this amp sounding bad on SSB. Remove the 3.3 pf capacitor where the so239 is on the input side C34 & put a 15 pf cap in its place. Problem solved. I noticed my meter wasn’t responding to my words on SSB & it sounded horrible around town. A friend 20 miles away could barely hear it. Mine sounds perfect now.

Wish him the best and for you to be a friend to him in these times...

John 15:13​
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."​

When you review the "lay down his life" is to take this as you spent a lot of your time to help - and this is also for those others that helped you, to obtain that which your friend had lost in the ability to operate because of his own loss - you've restored his ability to use.

Because of what you asked - others were able to help you regain that which a friend of yours had lost
I tried to replace C34 with a 15pf but was unable to find the cap in my parts bin so I used a 10pf. I can say I do hear a noticable change for the better. Much cleaner, thanks Mikey!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.