• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL-503 woah! is stock CB safe?

jdobbs2001

Mar 20, 2012
At setting of 2 I am using 20 amps and pushing average 100w using the Dawia meter I could feel the amp get slightly warm. Is it being pushed too hard? I am using a stock Cobra 29LTD

dont want to risk this amp. I am getting copy from crane operators far out from my location. they were actually suprised to hear me. I never head them before but I guess this amp is kicking my signal far out.

Okay got it tuned up. I really like this KL-503 amp it definately adds some higher modulation peaks on stock radio. Interesting. I got the dead key now to 2 watts. Great for AM and would fit the bill for most people anything more is wasting money. Oh and no splatter. its pretty tight.

Last edited:
At setting of 2 I am using 20 amps and pushing average 100w using the Dawia meter I could feel the amp get slightly warm. Is it being pushed too hard? I am using a stock Cobra 29LTD

23A is what my 100W amateur transceiver draws on TX. Of course its going to get warm, you're running it at 100W. When it starts to feel like its burning you its running too hot.

Reactions: 357magnum
I have a 503, ok little amp. 100 watts is fine. I have found for a stock radio (4 watt carrier) you want the power setting on 6. Otherwise your carrier will be too high (too much drive)

I have to say full operation on it, also watched it on the Flir Thermal imager and they did a good job managing thermals, it takes the heat out of those pills quickly and dissipates it out evenly across the heatsink. it would peak at 92f and you would see it seconds later dissipate.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.